Jackie Warner Diet Plan 5+2

Options
Hey all,
I am starting the Jackie Warner plan on Monday. I think it is very reasonable and will help with my weekend indulging! When I restrict myself too much, I binge. If you're not familiar with the plan I would consider picking up her book (it is very good!) or there are some internet sites that post some details.

Basically you eat clean for 5 days in a row....
4 - 4 oz servings of lean protein (low fat dairy, greek yogurt, whey powder and eggs included), 3 cups veggies, 2 whole fruits (or 1 cup fresh), 2 servings of whole grains, 2tbsp healthy fat (nut butters, flaxseed oil, EVOO, etc) per day over 3 meals and 2 snacks. A typical day COULD look like this:

Breakfast: Protein Grain, Fruit
Snack: Protein, Fruit
Lunch: Protein, Veg
Snack: Veg, Fat
Dinner, Protein, Grain, Veg

If you follow these food guidelines, eating clean, no artificial sweetners, processed junk etc. Then on the weekend (or two days per week) you can have a treat meal. The treat meal can be up to 1500 calories per meal, per day. So this could be dinner and drinks with friends on Saturday and Sushi for lunch on Sunday. Whatever you want, but the treat meal has to be tracked, cannot exceed 1500 calories, left overs cannot be saved and the other meals that day would still follow the clean eating principles. This is not a free-for-all for the day!

She also suggests you end your day with a cup of tea to satisfy your oral fix to snack at night. She suggests decaf green with a fruit tea of choice.

What I like about this plan is it allows you to have something you really want instead of you can have a piece of chocolate but it has to be 100 calories. I like that it is controlled and you have to earn it and track it. It's always easier for me to stay on plan Monday-Friday so I'm confident this approach will work for me because I tend to be someone that is all or nothing. So it doesn't work for me to have a little something extra every day like a piece of chocolate or an extra snack, this turns into several pieces of chocolate or 2 mini bags of chips, etc. I need more structure.

There is a A LOT more information and guidance on this plan with the reasoning behind why it works.

But I was thinking if anyone has read her book or even if you're interested in trying it, maybe we could have a forum to talk about the food piece and our progress. The food piece is the most important part of weight loss and the reason I have worked out 6-8 + hours a week the last 2 years and still haven't gotten to my goal!

Any takers?

Replies

• moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've been reading about this.
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have been reading her book and somewhat enjoying it. The hardest part to read was the part about what not to eat, which looked like half of my current food intake. Probably why I've been at my current weight for 5 years.

I would like to try her diet, but I am very nervous about slipping and it's effect on my food bill. I will be having to still feed my family as well as myself. My hubby would not be 100% supportive- even though I didn't give him much of a choice when "we" tried South Beach.

My kids start school in the middle of the week. So, I am thinking that Monday will be a good starting off point.

BTW- I am a sugar addict.
  • kasaj
    kasaj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have read the book also and think it is a great plan. I am similar to you in that I am an all or nothing type person. This is a plan I can see myself using for th rest of m life. How have you been doing on it??
  • kasaj
    Options
    I have read the book also and think it is a great plan. I am similar to you in that I am an all or nothing type person. This is a plan I can see myself using for th rest of m life. How have you been doing on it??
  • trispire
    Options
    I didn't really have anyone who wanted to do it with me so I never really started it!! Do you want to give it a go?
  • kasaj
    Options
    Yes definitely!!!
  • humble64
    humble64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i'm in too. that's the same issue i'm having (all or none) type of eating. i recently lost 80lbs but not at my goal weight yet. I want to lose 5-10 lbs. I have been struggling with this now for a few months and i think it's the fact that i am not eating very clean. I eat healthy and i stay within my daily calorie consumption but, i have the little treats throughout the day (fiber one brownies, no sugar added ice cream, etc.) and justify to my self it's a healthier option so i don't feel guilty when i eat it lol. Any ways i think this diet plan can help knowing i have something to look forward to at the end of the week.
  • trispire
    Options
    So when do we want to start? The premise is 5 days clean and 2 days with treats so it would work best for me to have weekends off. Want to start on Monday??
  • humble64
    Options
    sounds like a plan to me. I'm in.
  • humble64
    Options
    Well, i started my morning off on a positive not i think. 1 boiled egg, chicken sausage, 1 cup of mixed fruits and a cup of coffee (no sugar). I hope we can be an encouragement to each other. :-)
  • trispire
    Options
    Awesome! I went on a run and had a protein shake (Shakeology which is all natural - no artificial sugars) with 1/2 tbsp almond butter and 1 cup almond milk :) We can do it!
  • humble64
    Options
    I'm hoping we can share recipe, meals, snacks, etc. To start i wanted to share a cracker called Ak Mok you can google it. low in cal, fat and everything else. it's awesome with peanut butter, cheese, salads and soups and very filling. All natural whole grain.
  • redmax2
    Options
    Hi, is it too late to join in? I havent read her book yet but have read alot on line about her. I plan on downloading her book and following her plan. I have been trying to drop 10 to 20 pounds for-forever! I have been excersising and eating clean for most of my life and seem to have hit a road block. My system has slowed down since I hit 50, three years ago. Now its all I can do to maintain.
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Back in September we were all Gung Ho on following her plan. Did anyone stick with it? (I didn't.) But, it is definitely something to revisit.

I wonder how long you have to try something before you start seeing results.
  • JustTracyB
    Options
    I've read her book and her philosophy really makes sense to me. I try to keep to it. I'm not 100%, but I make an effort.
  • Cweckerly
    Cweckerly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting this diet. Was wondering if any of you had success and are still following it? Any tips for me?
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    bump:bigsmile: