Weekly challenge--we can do this!!!

Options
Hey Everyone!!!

I have recently joined MFP, and I have to admit that I am hooked! Tomorrow will mark my first "official" weigh in--and I'm so super excited because I have worked so hard this week....hoping to see some good numbers on the scale!

Anyways, I'm looking to find a few new MFP friends that are willing to join me in a weekly "challenge"--not really competing against one another, just competing against ourselves from week to week. I feel so much stronger this week than I did last, and definitely more so than I was expecting. I'm hoping that this feeling continues and I'm wanting to continue to push myself so that my weight continutes to drop (along with my inches!!!) and more importantly, so I can once again be the healthy person that I used to be. So with that said. . .

Here is what I am proposing for any of you who might be interested....let's set our own goals--something that we have to work for but is totally within our reach. We can set our goals so that they are in weekly increments (baby steps, right???) and we can help to motivate one another on our journey.

I must say that I really worked hard this week--and now, I'm really motivated. I was able to maintain an hour of cardio every day on my treadmill (mostly walking at an incline) and was able to record a distance of 29.002 miles in one week!!! So, my goal for next week is log a distance of 30 miles beginning tomorrow and ending on Sunday night.

Please, feel free to add me to your friend list---and let's get moving!!!! :smile:

Replies

• tari12340
    tari12340 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole - Sounds like a great way to keep motivated! Sign me up!! Today was my first day on MFP...and I would love to have a great first week. What would our next steps be?
  • nicholekeffer
    Options
    Hey there! I'm thinking that as long as we continue to motivate one another--lots of positive feedback, encouragement, etc.--and helping to hold one another accountable, we ought to be able to conquer this thing, right?? That is my goal at least. I'm hoping that if we are able to share our accomplishments (and of course, some of our "down" days, too...) we can do anything! I'm so motivated to get this done this time. I have really been putting a lot of thought into the reasons that I want to get healthy again, and I'm done making excuses. Each week I am going to continue to push myself so that I set higher goals. Always attainable, though. I know that it is important to be realistic about what we can do, but at the same time why can't we reach for the stars? So, with that said, my goals are going to continue to be progressive--more time on the treadmill, more walks with my four children, jumping every day on the trampoline with my kids, etc.... I hope you join me!!! Losing weight is fun....sharing the loss with others is even better!!!
  • tari12340
    Options
    Well, my goals for this week are:

- To strive toward increasing my daily step count and hit 5000 each day minimum
    - To exercise at least 20 minutes a day for 5 days
    - To continuing journaling my food and exercise each day (I have a bad habit of forgetting hence why I am here)
    - To increase water consumption (I am a HUGE Diet Pepsi drinker and can sadly say that it can sometimes take me a week to drink 8 glasses of water):noway:
    - To check in on this weekly board daily...at least once a day in a positve and encouraging manner
    - And, to lose 5 pounds this week (first week of eating correctly and exercising....should be higher than normal!!)

Anyone else want to join us this week?? The more the merrier!!
  • redmcgee1
    redmcgee1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I will join this. My goal will be, for the first week, to do cardio for 30 min. a day/ and more water.
  • zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to join this - I'm newly living alone and would really love the encouragement and support!
    My goals for this week:
    - Stay ABOVE 1200 calories every day (trying to break OUT of starvation mode and create healthy weight loss habits!)
    - Bike 15 miles in under 40 minutes before the end of the week by trying to bike the 15 miles every day or 2 and improving my times (previous record: 15 miles in 45 minutes)
    - Do at least 1 hour of cardio every day
    - Hit my 8 glasses of water per day!!! Caffeine addict here, and consuming 8 glasses of water on top of my regular 5 coffees and 2 coke zeroes is very very difficult!
  • tari12340
    Options
    Good morning all -

Started today off well with food and water intake.....but forgot to set out a pedometer to track steps! Duh....kinda need that to focus on being over 5000 steps for the day (my Goal #1). I am going to hunt for one, and then put it on...won't be 100% accurate as it is now after 10am...but it will at least show me what I am doing for the rest of the day.

Happy Monday everyone and be strong battling your own temptations!!

tari
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I think this is great and I totally want in! Today is my first day on here and my goals for this week are to just keep track of my food and drink lots of water. Hopefully I can stay motivated to go to the gym this week I went last night with my best friend and we are going again in a little bit.... I really need to challenge myself and stay on track. Good luck everyone!
  • tari12340
    Options
    Hi everyone !

Sounds like we are all focusing on water and tracking our food intake. But just in case you want to add to your weekly goals, thought I would share a really great board...

You guys may have already seen this thread in the community boards, but just in case you haven't, I love it! Once a day, there is a mini-challenge to complete. No matter what your weight, your physical abilities, etc, the daily challenge is reachable....because you have all day to complete it.

Today's thread is called Tuesday Mini Challenge. Come by and visit! The goal for today is 150 squats. Yesterday's goal was 150 crunches (I did mine on my exercise ball).

Focus on one day at a time...and pretty soon, this will be habit! Happy Tuesday (and even happier when the squats are completed!)

tari
  • tari12340
    Options
    So, tomorrow is my weigh in - feeling good about it, as I have been really good this week, have worked out every day, and know that first week, the weight loss can be high (water, etc). But now going into week 2 is the test for me....must be able to stay on this plan and make it a routine...a new habit!

Have a great weekend everyone, and keep your eye on the goal -- a healthier new you!

tari
  • tari12340
    Options
    Good morning everyone -

I wanted to start of week 2 by reflecting on my last week's goals, and then think of what to do for this week... Last week included:

- To strive toward increasing my daily step count and hit 5000 each day minimum (Can't find my pedometer so didn't keep track :frown: )
    - To exercise at least 20 minutes a day for 5 days NAILED IT:happy:
    - To continuing journaling my food and exercise each day (I have a bad habit of forgetting hence why I am here) NAILED IT:happy:
    - To increase water consumption (I am a HUGE Diet Pepsi drinker and can sadly say that it can sometimes take me a week to drink 8 glasses of water): DID INCREASE...tho NOT 8 GLASSES EVERY DAY :happy:
    - To check in on this weekly board daily...at least once a day in a positve and encouraging manner NAILED IT:happy:
    - And, to lose 5 pounds this week (first week of eating correctly and exercising....should be higher than normal!!)
    THIS WEEKS GOALS INCLUDE:

- Bump up the cardio to 30 minutes daily and add some strength training on at least 3 days
    - Continue journaling daily
    - Reach a minimum of 8 glass of water each day
    - Weight loss on week 2 (which on Biggest loser they say is the hardest week to lose!) - 3 lbs

As someone once said, "There are no traffic jams in the extra mile"... New week, new focus....let's finish strong!
  • zeroXOXOzero
    zeroXOXOzero Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! I can always use some extra motivation :)
    Sign me up!
  • nicholekeffer
    Options
    I MADE MY GOAL!!! Hey everyone! I hope that this challenge is working out for you. I know that it has seriously helped to motivate me this week. I'm so excited about what I have accomplished in the last seven days!!! This week I was able to meet my established goal (logging 30 miles on my treadmill)! I actually walked/jogged 31.718 miles this week! SO EXCITED! In the process I was able to shed 964 carbs and 5,833 calories!!!! I was acually able to jog a 1/2 mile this morning--which for me, is a huge accomplishment! I hope all of you are faring well. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! We've got this thing!!!

my goal for next week:
    I WILL WALK/JOG AT LEAST 33 MILES BEFORE THE WEEK IS OVER... wish me luck!!!

Take care (and happy losses to all of you!!!)

Nichole