measurements

Options
Can someone please refresh my memory for where I need to take my measurements?

I had it all written out and logged my first measurements (about 1 month ago) but my laptop has since died :(

So, I guess I'll start over from here! Also, do you think about once a month is an okay time span to measure?

Thanks!

Replies

• inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Where to take measurements on your body? You can measure wherever you want, but I think most females measure:

bust (widest part of the breast area)
    waist (where your midsection naturally tapers - this can be as high as below the ribcage or as low as right above the hips, depending on your body)
    hips (i usually measure the largest part of my lower half - my bottom, rather than my actual hips)

to be really thorough, i personally measure the following:
    neck
    calves
    forearms
    upper arms
    thighs

Edit: I measure whenever I lose about 5 pounds, but I only log measurements once per month.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Where to take measurements on your body? You can measure wherever you want, but I think most females measure:

bust (widest part of the breast area)
    waist (where your midsection naturally tapers - this can be as high as below the ribcage or as low as right above the hips, depending on your body)
    hips (i usually measure the largest part of my lower half - my bottom, rather than my actual hips)

to be really thorough, i personally measure the following:
    neck
    calves
    forearms
    upper arms
    thighs

Edit: I measure whenever I lose about 5 pounds, but I only log measurements once per month.

^I would add chest - under the boobs, where the band of your bra goes. Its a useful measurement to have for clothes and bras.