Exercise ball...pros/cons?

Options
I am extremely overweight, and have trouble doing a lot of exercises. I have done some research, and time after time I have seen trainers recommend an exercise ball. So far, Ball Dynamics seems to be the one I'm leaning towards. Has anyone else tried an exercise ball? Does/did it do you any good?

Replies

• Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • teenamai
    teenamai Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy mine. I have an app on my iPhone that shows how to use it to work different areas. Good luck!
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The ball is based on stabilization. It engages your core because you balance on it while doing other exercises.
    It's a way to not be on the floor to do ab exercises, arms, legs etc.
    You could check out you tube video's and see what you think. It's not a bad idea to start out and get some strength training in on it. It's not expensive either. Some people use the ball instead of a chair for all day ab challenges. They say it's good for your back too.
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I use one for my strength training at the gym alongside free weights. I love it! :-)
  • amersmanders
    amersmanders Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just bought one off of Google Offers (they had one on sale), so I'm looking forward to getting it and seeing how it works for me. I'll keep you posted!