Pilates

Options
I'm looking for ways to start toning up. I do not have acess to a gym. I own a 20 pound kettle bell and 2 pound weights I use during Zumba. My current exercise routine consists of Zumba 3 times a week, brisk walks 4 days a week, and alternate yoga and kettle bell exercises 2 days a week (I'm not loving my current yoga DVD).

Has anyone tried Pilates? What are your success stories? Likes or dislikes? Thanks!!!!

Replies

• katzen23
    katzen23 Posts: 4
    Options
    I started doing some pilates when I got serious about exercising this summer. I started with a beginner one off youtube. I just bought the 10 minute solution slim and sculpt pilates ($10 at WalMart), and it kicked my butt. My arms hurt so bad after just 2 days of doing all 50 minutes. I also do Zumba, Just Dance 3, and Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. I credit the pilates for the toning I am getting. I did have a lump or fat roll on my hips and it has gone away. I am still 207 lbs (started at 215) but my butt, hips, waist, and thighs already look better.
  • niki2113
    niki2113 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I joined a Pilates class about a week and a half ago,I love it so far.Its not a huge calorie burner but it helps,I've lost like 6 pounds since i started. :)
  • Maiducali
    Maiducali Posts: 35
    Options
    I got the slim in 10, both the rapid result and the one with the band. Pilates has changed my body so much!!! I feel like I got slimmer and helped with cardio, because of the breathing. If you want to tone then pilates will help, but you might not be tone as in muscularly tone. So honestly I believe in pilates, because it's giving me the body I want. Try a class or just buy a dvd that's only $10.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Pilates is part of my workout rotation, along with yoga. I do Exhale Core Fusion (3 DVD set, rotating between them) for pilates. If you don't find your yoga practice challenging enough, try power yoga. I do Bryan Kest's power yoga (3 workouts on one DVD), and it's one of the hardest workouts in my routine. I've heard good things about Rodney Yee's power yoga as well.