So DONE with this.

Options
I'm so DONE with excuses everyone. I have absolutely no motivation and I have no idea why. And as odd as it sounds, I'm just deciding to be "done" with not being motivated. I joined MFP a couple weeks ago, but just haven't really logged anything. Or I would just stop logging after I reached my calorie limit even though I'd continue to eat.

No mas! :P

Tomorrow, I start 30 day slim down, and I WILL LOG EVERYTHING I EAT DOWN, even if the first couple of weeks I go over (which I know I will).

I'm DONE not getting my act together!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Good!

Can I suggest that you don't wait until tomorrow, but that you get started right now by planning what you are going to eat tomorrow and log it in ahead of time. Then you have a plan to work to, and if things change you can just edit your day as you go along.
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm recommitting to getting back on track myself! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • JamesterCK
    JamesterCK Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That's great!! I know exactly what you mean too. I also agree with Rubybelle; plan your meals ahead of time by logging them on MFP. I know it helps me stay on track and you can always edit it if you happen to eat something different.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Good!

Can I suggest that you don't wait until tomorrow, but that you get started right now by planning what you are going to eat tomorrow and log it in ahead of time. Then you have a plan to work to, and if things change you can just edit your day as you go along.

I agree! (and congrats for getting that kick in the rump roast!) i always log what i am going to eat the next day. I do my meals, my snacks.. everything! (even which flavor drink im going to have!) i can always change it.. but havig it in front of me.. what i can have.. it works for me! Also, when i just CANT eat everything i have posted for dinner... it makes me really happy!! Sometiems i have to SPLIT my dinner into two meals.. its just too much! You will be SO surprised at what you put into your body! No one will judge you, no one will say.. OMG why? If they DO.. delete them. You dont own them anything! My diary has a 6 pack of beer in it tonight.. lol.. hey, we gotta live, right? =D
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    ** you dont OWE. lol and im sure many more typos! =) like i said.. i had a 6 pack of beer tonight! LOL!
  • rn2be_2013
    rn2be_2013 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am trying to get my act together again too! I lose motivation so quickly because I don't really have a support system around me and my family always throws my obesity in my face by constantly putting me down. I need to do this for me!
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    HealthierHappierBrenda Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You've only just begun and I know you can commit, believe me I joined in January 2010 and only committed the last 155 days to MFP...and have no regrets, so if you don't log now day after day or stay under under your calorie goal don't be hard on yourself....as long as you come back is what counts :D
  • BamaGurl47
    BamaGurl47 Posts: 45
    Options
    the right timing for this post.. i have been down on myself because i have been so unmotivated.. i lost wieght last year .. 30 lbs and gained 15 of those pounds back .. lack of motivation .. i have been thinking about getting back in shape but thats all i have been doing is just thinking .. and not serious thinking at that !.. have to get back to buisness..
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I believe in you :smile:
  • katelouiseoz
    Options
    Good for you :)
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Good plan you can do it!! NO excuse get to it in 30 days you will be amazed at the difference that short of time can make :happy:
  • levisrictusias
    Options
    Wow! I'm so overwhelmed at the responses!

You all are so awesome. I feel good about this already. :)

As for pre-logging--very good idea! I'll get on that right now! I also think it'll keep me on track much better for sure. My diet has always been pretty good (I'm on an anti-inflammatory diet for an auto-immune disorder...fun...not), but for a good year and half now, I haven't lifted a finger. I used to be extremely active, a professional dancer of 14 years, but I just got so incredibly burned out that I just--boom--stopped. I would do other things to stay active, but I've really taken a nose dive the last few years.

Not anymore though. :)

Thank you again for all the support, everyone. You rock. <3
  • amersmanders
    amersmanders Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm so done with being this weight!
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    Good!

That is such good advice! Priceless.
    Thanks,

Good luck, It is possible to enjoy the whole process. Once you find your thing!
  • ShaunMc1968
    ShaunMc1968 Posts: 204
    Options
    There is no tomorrow!! I have had a week of 80 : 20 Commitment and lost a couple of pounds. Lets do it today.... I am with you if you want to add me.
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    I also have an autoimmune desease, Lupus, unpredictable, painful, scary, exhausting.
    I started slowly with swimming, 5 lengths in half hour to start, then gradually increasing it, added in some gentle stretching hath a yoga, and then some walking as well. With the result that yesterday, I had the best day ever and got out on my bike and managed an hour of hard hills and mud and stuff. And I only had to stop a few times!
    By the sound of things it will be the exercise side that will make you happier than the diet.
    I am evidence that you don't need to boom into a hard exercise regime to get progress. Friend me if you want some support.
    I am not a heavy blogger etc, but I am an interested lupie who is willing to share tips.
    Well done for getting started.