urgent panic reaction

Options
hi all, my last topic helped alot. and i wasnt really paying attention to anything else but cals! . and so i just found out that i have very low protein diet.

i just need to know what are high protein foods. it would be ideal if some high protein food are easily available or easy to make because im not a big fan of leaving the house and i cant cook properly that much.

and i almost forgot to say, i know i post alot (and i mean alot) but thats only because people here are so lovely to talk to.. :D
and plz add me if u can.

have a nice day... :happy:

Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Meat, fish, eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese and protein powder.
  • fatima147
    fatima147 Posts: 85
    Options

thx but that's the whole problem. i don't eat meat as in lamb and i hate fish, i cant eat cheese because of the smell and i can only eat yoghurt.
  • leeanndelcourt
    leeanndelcourt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    add oats to your yogurt for a little extra protein.....
    whole wheat pasta is great protein
    Greek Yogurt
    Beans
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    One of the things about changing your lifestyle to healthier is learning about what you should be eating & how to prepare it. Fresh food nicely prepared makes you feel better & not as if you are being punished! As time goes on it is good to try new foods and different ways of preparing things. Is it that you feel unable to go out much or that you are confined by children/relatives? Taking exercise, especially in the fresh air will help and as you start to feel better you will get more confidence.
    You can do this! Keep asking the questions.......
  • fatima147
    Options
    One of the things about changing your lifestyle to healthier is learning about what you should be eating & how to prepare it. Fresh food nicely prepared makes you feel better & not as if you are being punished! As time goes on it is good to try new foods and different ways of preparing things. Is it that you feel unable to go out much or that you are confined by children/relatives? Taking exercise, especially in the fresh air will help and as you start to feel better you will get more confidence.
    You can do this! Keep asking the questions.......

thx alot :). im not occupied by children or anyone else. im just a homesick peron. i feel horribly uncomfortable even when i go to the supermarket which is two dorr steps away. :frown:
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Legumes (beans, lentils), nuts, seeds, grains, pseudograins (quinoa has a higher ratio of protein to carbs, versus other true grains). Tofu and edamame are also very good protein sources, edamame being soy beans, tofu being made from them. They're one of the few vegetable sources of protein that contain all of your essential amino acids.
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Dried beans and quinoa can both be ordered online. You can find easy preparations for both online.

Do you eat chicken? You can buy the already cooked frozen that you just have to heat and eat.

You can add a couple egg whites to your eggs to add protein, without many extra calories. Also, from just looking at a couple days in your diary, looks like you could just add another egg and still be fine on calories.

Also, sometimes people do a quick add when they enter foods in the database so not all macros are accounted for. I'm sure your chicken curry had protein...probably a good amount.
  • roguestates
    roguestates Posts: 223
    Options

thx but that's the whole problem. i don't eat meat as in lamb and i hate fish, i cant eat cheese because of the smell and i can only eat yoghurt.

You can learn to like a lot of these things. When your palate becomes more sophisticated as you eat more spices and wholesome food, you'll start to like different things. Heck, I have come to like Roquefort cheese! It's disgustingly smelly but really delicious! There are milder cheeses that are less pungent.

Greek yogurt often has more protein than crap like Yoplait. A lot of foods are like this. When grocery shopping, learn to read labels and see if there are better versions of foods you currently eat.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good. Nuts are also good, but they tend to be high in fat and calories. Dairy products are a good source, so keep eating your yogurt, and maybe try some new things, like cottage cheese. Also, if you don't like the smell of cheese (I can't stand it either!), maybe try some milder cheeses, like mozzarella. I also find that cooking the cheese until brown makes it tasty. You should also look into soy products.

Also, I am seeing that you have the occasional piece of chicken or salmon in your diary. So if you are okay with that, then you can look up chicken and salmon recipes in order to eat more of that, but get a variety.
  • fatima147
    Options
    thank you everybody. i will surely try all those tips. i never used to try something new becasue i thought new things can make me sick. but hopefully i can pass that now. thx again.

have a nice day everybody:bigsmile:
  • Iimoorshiai
    Iimoorshiai Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    mmm edamame is the BEST! I could eat it all day long! ;] Worst case scenario, buy some protein powder shakes (available online) and google recipes to make with them. I've made pudding, cake, pancakes, brownies all of which contained no carbs. The protein powder becomes the flour.

Also, if you want to drink them straight, add a banana and greek yogurt or almond milk into the mix to thicken the shake ;]

Oh and try Ezekiel bread. It's sprouted so it has more protein then whole wheat ( I believe).
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Then the yogurt, nuts, eggs, and start drinking some protein shakes. You said you don't eat meat, but do you eat chicken or turkey?
  • fatima147
    Options
    [/quote]
    Then the yogurt, nuts, eggs, and start drinking some protein shakes. You said you don't eat meat, but do you eat chicken or turkey?
    [/quote]

wat i meant was that i can only eat chicken as meat bcoz other meat makes me sick