Is it just me?

Options
but I hate telling people I'mm dieting, or that I'm watching what I eat. I don't really know why, but I think it's all because I am self conscious about my figure and weight? and it sometimes gets very awkward.

Is it just me?

Replies

• ReinventingLisa
    ReinventingLisa Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You know, I am 50/50 because I have had people tell me that I don't need to lose weight.. but it's only because they don't want me to get to where I was before I gained the weight. But, my BF and his family are supportive. I was nervous having to tell my BF that he will have to tell his mom I can't eat with them when we are over LMAO! But, it works great now. I can bring my own meal to eat and not feel guilty about doing so and they really don't care.
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Nope it's not just you.
    I don't tell people I'm dieting. If they ask, I'm watching my macros and trying to make better choices in what I eat.

It still gets weird sometimes, but that's mainly b/c they are uncomfortable with how they eat or that we are judging them and the choices they are making. Really let them feel weird, you've made a positive choice and that should be celebrated, not hidden.

Good luck with your journey!
  • FrancesOReilly
    FrancesOReilly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nope.. Not jsut you.. I'm the same.. I feel people look at me then and judge me for my size.. not for who I am or for what I've lost..
    Then you have people saying "oh but u look fine.. You don't need to lose weight" and think 'are you taking the p1ss outta me or tryna be genuine? coz i clearly do need to lose more weight so you're sounding very patronising now'
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    No, not just you. I haven't told anyone I'm watching what I eat. Most of my friends and I get together to do other things than eat, so it hasn't been a problem. Only a couple have noticed that I've lost almost 22lbs, I just tell them I'm drinking more water and walking a lot. This weight loss is just for me, and it feels good having my little secret. Only my friends on MFP know.