Starting a new week...

Options
I'm so disheartened by my lack of weight loss. I've put everything into my new plan for the last 80 days. And in the last month, I've lost .5 pound. I have NEVER experienced this type of thing. Losing weight has always been so easy for me. The problem has been keeping it off once I lose it. But now, no matter what I do, the scales won't budge. So this week and next week, I'm going to give up my weekly cheat meal and I'm going to bump up the cardio from 35 to 45 minutes daily. I'm going to make sure I'm drinking lots of water. I'm also going to make an appointment to see an endocrinologist. In my gut, I feel something is wrong. My mother, sister, niece, and nephew have hasimoto's disease, but I always tested "normal" despite symptoms I've had to the contrary ( even when I was thinner).

So, wish me luck that I will see a smidgen of progress this week and that I don't just lose the will to continue down this path. I know I deserve better.

Replies

• coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I absolutely will wish you luck. Keep us posted on the diagnosis.
  • jareno0919
    jareno0919 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hope they can determine if there is something wrong. But you may just be hitting a plateau. Unfortunately as we get older it is harder and harder to lose weight. I'm a runner and have not lost a pound in the year I've been running...and that includes training and completing TWO 1/2 Marathons...nope...still stuck. Doc said my hormones are just fine. I'm losing fat and gaining muscle but still that scale haunts me.

Good luck and hope your scale starts moving again..but remember, slow and steady wins the race...
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Hope they can determine if there is something wrong. But you may just be hitting a plateau. Unfortunately as we get older it is harder and harder to lose weight. I'm a runner and have not lost a pound in the year I've been running...and that includes training and completing TWO 1/2 Marathons...nope...still stuck. Doc said my hormones are just fine. I'm losing fat and gaining muscle but still that scale haunts me.

Good luck and hope your scale starts moving again..but remember, slow and steady wins the race...

It's hell getting old!! LOL!! Congratulations on the 1/2 marathons! So inspiring!!
  • Nailrep
    Options
    I absolutely will wish you luck. Keep us posted on the diagnosis.

THANKS ALOT!! Will let you know!
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:

I personally don't do a cheat day, I think it would negate everything I had done during the week...but on occasion I do go slightly over my calorie goal if we are going out for dinner or a special event...

Everything in moderation.....

:drinker:
  • Nailrep
    Options
    Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:

I personally don't do a cheat day, I think it would negate everything I had done during the week...but on occasion I do go slightly over my calorie goal if we are going out for dinner or a special event...

Everything in moderation.....

:drinker:

I'm really thinking I'm going to have to give up on my cheat meal! It keeps me motivated, but I could be cheating too much!! LOL
  • wldlndcpt
    wldlndcpt Posts: 25
    Options
    Absolutely have your thyroid checked, especially with a family history of Hashimoto's. Even the smallest variation in your thyroid can cause diminshed weight loss. It is almost always the first sign I get that my thyroid medication needs to be adjusted. I will suddenly put on a few pounds even with watching my calories and significant exercise. Good luck! I will be here to support you.

http://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/thyroid/hypothyroidism-too-little-thyroid-hormone
  • Nailrep
    Options
    Absolutely have your thyroid checked, especially with a family history of Hashimoto's. Even the smallest variation in your thyroid can cause diminshed weight loss. It is almost always the first sign I get that my thyroid medication needs to be adjusted. I will suddenly put on a few pounds even with watching my calories and significant exercise. Good luck! I will be here to support you.

http://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/thyroid/hypothyroidism-too-little-thyroid-hormone

Thanks so much! Pulling up the link now...