CHILI/REFRIED BEANS/SOUP + QUICK/HEALTHY SNACK IDEAS

Options
ELM77
ELM77 Posts: 10
Has anyone tried anything from Amy's organic foods? :heart:

I personally LOVE the vegan chili, vegan refried beans (no animal lard/oils/added grease/transfat), and their soups! If you do eat dairy, I would highly recommend her tomato bisque!! It is truly delicious. :heart:

One way I enjoy the refried beans under 300calories:

I put a 1-2tbs of the refried beans on an EZEKIEL wholewheat tortilla (Look in the frozen specialty isle, these breads contain 0 preservatives and are completely organic so they require refrigeration)
Add some firm tofu
Add mango/peach salsa (any salsa works for me)

Roll it up, microwave and dip in organic ketchup!

I eat the chili in a bowl with ketchup and sometimes a slice of Ezekiel bread (I love THIS STUFF!)

Here is a few snack ideas...
I always have frozen grapes on hand, they can be surprisingly satisfying and definitely won't undo your day.
Sometimes I take out the Ezekiel bread again..(lol) toast one slice and add e.v.o.o. and a a little salt.

Hope you enjoyed my post and are anxious to try my food ideas!

Replies

• ELM77
    Options
    oh yeah! And Agave syrup acts as an amazing sweetener!
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I have tried Amy's soup and really like it. :happy:
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    219594.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I have tried the tofu bowl (low sodium) Vegetarian Chili, Mac and Cheese and most of the low sodium products. The single serving spinach pizza is good also!
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    I love the Amy's frozen meals - burritos, veggie/rice bowls, indian and mexican dishes - haven't had a bad one yet! My favorite is the Vegetable Korma. I keep them in the freezer at my work so they're handy for days that I haven't planned ahead for lunch. Most are around 300 calories and they are so yummy :)
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    agave, is that better for you then honey?
  • ELM77
    Options
    In my opinion YES! Agave nectar is a lot more neutral than honey so its less harsh and more versatile. Also, it is derived from the agave plant so its completely vegan. It has a very low glycemic index unlike the refined sweeteners so their is no sugar rush. Still it is a sweetener, and about 60 cals per serving so I would recommend not over doing it.