Giving Up / Addicted to Cheese

Options
124»

Replies

• darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I also have this issue with most cheeses. When and it is not often I buy string cheese, I have to put them in freezer and I pack them for snacks in the morning so I will not eat the whole pack. This has worked for me so far. So I never start eating them in the house because otherwise I will binge on them.

I have not tried freezing other cheeses since this is the one I have the issue with. I can keep other cheese in the house and have only one piece and sometimes a half a slice.

Good job on finding a solution. You know what works for you so do whatever it takes to reach your goals. I hope this helps you on your journey! Keep up the good work!

((((Mollie))))

You're awesome. I know that you have similar issues. And you give me a lot of hope.

I actually have string cheese in the fridge now. It's not an issue. Mainly because it doesn't melt well.

My problem is with the fat ridden, melty stuff. The kind you get in cheese quesadillas and shells and cheese. I have no control when it comes to that.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I can't give it up, I'm addicted and in too deep! I admire you resolve
  • darla499
    Options
    Happy to report that in the last two weeks since I started this, the scale is moving downward again!!! :smile:
  • cara4art
    cara4art Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about Daiya. A very healthy vegan friend of mine who is a really skilled hoop dancer, aerialist and yoga practitioner/instructor had 3 pix of yummy vegan pizza she had made using the Daiya "cheese". It gets good reviews, unlike many cheese substitutes. It sounds like the manufacturer really got the right balance of flavor, consistency and meltability down. I'm going to try this myself, as I'm leaning close to vegan as it is anyway since any number of my meals are already so with me hardly thinking about it.
  • vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Glad to report that thus far, I have definitely decreased the cheese I've been eating! Whoo-hoo :) I've kept away from cheesy bread at Domino's (SO ADDICTING), opted out on putting cheese on my burrito at Chipotle, and didn't buy cheesesticks when I went grocery shopping. In fact, the only cheese I've had so far was the Asiago cheese bagel from yesterday's breakfast.
  • darla499
    Options
    I've heard good things about Daiya. A very healthy vegan friend of mine who is a really skilled hoop dancer, aerialist and yoga practitioner/instructor had 3 pix of yummy vegan pizza she had made using the Daiya "cheese". It gets good reviews, unlike many cheese substitutes. It sounds like the manufacturer really got the right balance of flavor, consistency and meltability down. I'm going to try this myself, as I'm leaning close to vegan as it is anyway since any number of my meals are already so with me hardly thinking about it.

Thanks!

That review helped. I looked for it. They don't have it here (we're in the middle of the Mojave Desert.) But I did find a place to order it. I just have to get it done :-)
  • darla499
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Glad to report that thus far, I have definitely decreased the cheese I've been eating! Whoo-hoo :) I've kept away from cheesy bread at Domino's (SO ADDICTING), opted out on putting cheese on my burrito at Chipotle, and didn't buy cheesesticks when I went grocery shopping. In fact, the only cheese I've had so far was the Asiago cheese bagel from yesterday's breakfast.

Awesome!!!

I've cut down a lot myself. I did have a blend of "Mexican 3 Blend Cheese" in a Vegetable wrap today. That's the first time I've even attempted anything "melty." It didn't create any binge tinge in me ... but I'm playing it safe and going to stick to sayiing "no" more often than not :-)
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I eat like an ounce of cheese a day.. I will never ever ever give it up... NEVER! Probably my favorite food.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Give me cheese or give me death, to be honest. :noway:

I can't control myself with those big Kraft packs of pre-shedded cheddar, those are DANGEROUS, but I have tried to change food to being a "seasoning" instead of a large component of my meal. This means a bit of goat cheese crumbled into an omelette, chicken breast or grilled veggies, or on a salad. Parmigiano Reggiano is also good for that, both cheeses are highly flavourful and rich and you don't need a lot of them to make something delicious.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Cheese doesn't seem to be an issue with me, unless I'm eating cheese and crackers. Then I have to portion both out for myself or I will gobble everything up. It's just so damn good. :laugh:

I will say that I do have an addiction to chips and ice cream, however. It is *very* hard for me to keep a bag of chips or a gallon of ice cream in the house and limit myself with the servings. Yeah, I'm weak when it comes to those two foods. :grumble: I'm not buying them until I get more in control of myself.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I had to give up cheese when I started the healthy eating, I needed to do that as it's my downfall

I had cottage cheese and philadelphia extra light and only in the last couple of months I find I can measure out a reasonable amount of low fat chedder and I have found a low fat brie which is not too bad.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I love love love cheese. But I'm lactose intolerant, so my body doesn't like cheese very much. I limit how much I have, and most often eat a lactose free cheese (Finlandia Meunster) which I enjoy.

There's no giving it up for me!
  • darla499
    Options
    Okay,

Progress report :wink:

I haven't given it up entirely, but now I choose string cheese and have it once or twice a day. I don't do the melty quesadilla's anymore. I just didn't have control with that.

I'm keeping it simple with single portion sticks and am able to enjoy my cheese.