Lo-cal chocolate recipes

Options
I'm looking for some lo-cal chocolate recipes...something I can turn to when I need a chocolate fix. Any suggestions?

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Search *chocolatecoveredkatie* for everything you could ever want!!:smile:
  • readyforthejourney
    Options
    Search *chocolatecoveredkatie* for everything you could ever want!!:smile:

Thank you!
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    Here is an easy, healthy chocolate fix. I saw a simular recipe in Oxygen Mag. that just used egg whites, baking powder, cocoa and sweetner.

http://www.fitnessandspice.com/tag/protein-cupcakes/
    Protein Cupcakes
    30 grams of whey protein powder (I’ve only made it once and I used Protein Freeze)
    1 tbsp 100% cocoa powder
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    2 packets Stevia (or whatever sweetener you prefer)
    1 tbsp pumpkin or applesauce (your choice!)
    3 tbsp liquid egg whites (or 1 egg white)

Directions:

In a microwavable mug, place the protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and stevia. Mix well. Stir in the egg whites and pumpkin or applesauce so that you end up with a thick batter. Microwave for 60 seconds.

Use a knife to gently loosen the cake from the mug. Place the mug upside down on a plate and let the cake slide out. Cut in half and fill with desired toppings like peanut butter, Greek yogurt, or sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes one serving.

Does this taste like a cupcake you’d get at your favorite bakery? Not exactly! But, it certainly gives a cupcake a quick and healthy shake!
  • jillleanne
    jillleanne Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My sister got me this AWESOME calorie-counting cookbook for my bday. It has all sorts of healthy recipes, and lists all of the nutritional information.

Anyway, I haven't tried this recipe yet but I'll give it to you anyway. Its for a chocolate dessert dip.
    2 cups of skim milk
    1pkg fat free and sugar free instant chocolate pudding mix
    8 ounces of fat free whipped cream
    2 tbls chocolate chips

Beat the milk and pudding for a few minutes, then add the whipped cream and chocolate chips. Stir it all together and voila.

Its basically a fancy pudding- but looks delicious to dip fruit into

oh and 33 cals for 2 tablespoons.
  • martin0869
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas!
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    If you like coffee - I'm an addict - I like a tsp of raw cacao powder with some milk in my morning coffee, sometimes with some cinnamon. There's enough sweetness in the milk to take the edge off the cacao.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    i have snack a jack rice cakes the chocolate and coconut are my best or chocolate, or caramel they are fantastic.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 90 calorie brownies do it for me.
  • hmoncel0409
    hmoncel0409 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes I also love the Fiber one brownies! 90 calories and a re chocolatey heaven! I keep them in my drawer at work :bigsmile: Also I keep the one inch squares of dark chocolate for a small sweet snack.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    bump for later.
  • EmmaGilette
    EmmaGilette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The "sugar-free" chocolate, sweetened with stevia is what I go for. The mint flavor is the best.
  • BrendaHyde
    BrendaHyde Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • jaydin85
    jaydin85 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hershey makes sugar free chocolate syrup you can use in coffee, chocolate milk, in lo cal desserts etc... I LOVE chocolate and when i realized they made it I went out to get some immediately...BIG help! :)