i feel fat today

Options
i know i'm building muscles... being sore means you've challenged yourself. but because i started a new workout routine (and being sore from it) i'm gaining weight. i gained 3 freaking pounds during the weekend. i know i'm probably gaining weight because i'm building muscles.
but 3 pounds in less than 3 days? really? does the freaking scale know how much i had to work to get rid of that number?

i slipped into a new dress that i bought a week or two ago. i look good in it. i feel good in it. but still i feel fat today. i'm definitely noticing my 6pack-to-be stomach as a flap today.
i feel fat today :(

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You know you only gained it because you're doing hard workouts. Trust what you know, not what that scale says!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    i know i'm building muscles... being sore means you've challenged yourself. but because i started a new workout routine (and being sore from it) i'm gaining weight. i gained 3 freaking pounds during the weekend. i know i'm probably gaining weight because i'm building muscles.
    but 3 pounds in less than 3 days? really? does the freaking scale know how much i had to work to get rid of that number?

i slipped into a new dress that i bought a week or two ago. i look good in it. i feel good in it. but still i feel fat today. i'm definitely noticing my 6pack-to-be stomach as a flap today.
    i feel fat today :(

Nice job doing a new routine.
    Can we see a pic?
    Maybe WE dont think you are fat.
    Maybe WE think you are beautiful!
    Hugs!

Have a good day!
  • sew_wheatlady
    Options
    I know what you mean. I've been trying so hard to work out and eat right but the scale either doesn't budge or it says I've gained 2+ pounds. I'm trying to only weigh myself once a week and to not fret because in time (with all my effort) I know it will all come off. Keep your chin up and keep pushing yourself!
  • shortbunny1980
    Options
    I know how you feel! I gained 2 pounds in the last day. Is it because I drank more water yesterday so I could run in this heat? I sure hope so. Don't let anyone tell you that muscle weighs more than fat! 1 pound is one pound. This is the thing, fat is bulkier, muscle is lean. To lose the fat, you must first gain the muscle. It is the muscle that will help eat the fat away. Also remember, when you start a new routine, especially one that will burn more calories, your body will store the food at first so it can keep up with the extra calories burned. It will even out again. Dont feel fat! Take the great energy that you are getting from how you look and feel and keep up the good work!:happy:
  • EmmaGilette
    EmmaGilette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Everybody has fat days.. you're not alone there :) Try taking your measurements as well as weighing yourself, as hopefully the workout is helping you gain muscle and lose fat - which the measurements should show, even if the scales don't. Also, if you've had a lot of salt, this can make you retain fluid, so take that into consideration.
    Personally, I find I always feel fat when I'm premenstrual AND I can never lose weight during this week either, which is very frustrating! But the results usually show through the next week - just be patient.
    Hope this is helpful :)
  • MsBallerinaBody
    Options
    thank you so much guys!
    i mean deep down inside i know i didn't binge, i know i'm working hard so its just a temporary number on the scale. but i just hit a little moment of weakness i guess. i swore that i wouldn't see anything higher than 135 for a long long time, but really from 134 to 137 in just couple days? i was just really dissapointed.
    all of you, you have no idea that your encouragement brings hope to me.
    and yes, i should know better. and for all of those who are feeling down today, IT'S OKAY!!!!
  • ahiskett
    ahiskett Posts: 1
    Options
    muscle ways more than fat - just a given fact - anything hard and compact weighs more than mushy fluff - its like comparing a steak with jello or marshmallows - the steak is heavy and lean, the marshmallows are fluffy and mushy - which would you rather be? don't be discouraged, wear the two pounds with the pride of pounds that look good
  • PoolGirlDeb
    Options
    I start everyday feeling that. You are working for your goals. You know muscle weighs more than fat - so don't think fat, THINK STRONG - I hope your day improves.
  • MsBallerinaBody
    Options
    I took pictures few days ago as a "before"
    i'll share them with you guys once i have a "during" and "after" :)
  • MsBallerinaBody
    Options
    i wonder if that also has something to do with it? i'm expecting mine within 7 days or so. hmmmm
    bloating much? haha
  • MsBallerinaBody
    Options
    thank you everyone! it's already a better day :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    thank you so much guys!
    i mean deep down inside i know i didn't binge, i know i'm working hard so its just a temporary number on the scale. but i just hit a little moment of weakness i guess. i swore that i wouldn't see anything higher than 135 for a long long time, but really from 134 to 137 in just couple days? i was just really dissapointed.
    all of you, you have no idea that your encouragement brings hope to me.
    and yes, i should know better. and for all of those who are feeling down today, IT'S OKAY!!!!

How tall are you?
  • MsBallerinaBody
    Options
    5'6