Brown Rice Recipes

Options
scrapbooklady
scrapbooklady Posts: 77 Member
Anyone have any good brown rice recipes? I like my rice a bit sticky, not sure what part rice and what part water. I am thinking if I add something to it (onion, pine nuts?) it might taste better? Trying to like it as much as I like white rice.

Replies

• julzzz4
    julzzz4 Posts: 72
    Options
    I cook mine 1 part rice to 2 parts chicken or veg stock and put a big handful of parsley in at the end. Yummy as a side dish. If I have left overs I re heat with pre cooked veggies and some grilled chopped chicken breast, and add a splash of low salt soy sauce. Kind of like a fried rice.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I use my brown rice in fried rices or plain on the side. There are plenty of ways to spice it up, for example using stock instead or water. Put soy sauce in it... and I am pretty sure you can use it in bakes and salads too.
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Butter( or spray butter), sprinkle of garlic powder and stir in grated cheese. Melt it all together. Yummy for lunch!
  • fwilburnf
    fwilburnf Posts: 7
    Options
    Not sure if you know, but i discovered brown basmati and brown jasmine! They both taste just as yummy as white!! Kind of hard for me to find, but trader joes, giant eagle, whole foods those types of stores have them!
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I always like to make brown rice with ground turkey and black beans and some spices with a dollop of LF sour cream and some shredded lettuce
  • TWilli314
    TWilli314 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i make brown rice as a breakfast i eat 1 cup of rice heat it i then add 2 tsp agave syrup and skim milk and enjoy its like oatmeal!!!!!!
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I gave up making my own brown rice along time ago! i buy trader joes frozen organic brown rice.
    just heat up in the microwave.

I make a cold brown rice salad.. I just had it for lunch..

take the brown rice
    cilantro
    green peppers
    red peppers
    dill
    carrots
    cucumber
    red onion
    any type of salad dressing you like. i put a splash of italian this time.
    salt and pepper

eat that with some grilled chicken!! good to go!!
    r
  • Gail358
    Gail358 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Baked Brown Rice

Prep Time:5 min Prep Time: -- Cook Time:1 hr 5 Min

Serves:
    4 servings

Ingredients
    1 1/2 cups brown rice, medium or short grain
    2 1/2 cups water
    1 tablespoon unsalted butter
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Place the rice into an 8-inch square glass baking dish.

Bring the water, butter, and salt just to a boil in a kettle or covered saucepan. Once the water boils, pour it over the rice, stir to combine, and cover the dish tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour.

After 1 hour, remove cover and fluff the rice with a fork. Serve immediately.