Why am I not losing weight?

Options
I'm 18,5 "1.75 and something around 147 to 150 pounds; i can never be sure, it's always fluctuating but I have a feeling it's 147 (two pounds more than when I started counting :'(So I've been trying to stick to 1200 calories a day, upping it to 1700 (my maintenance level) once a week so my body doesn't go into starvation mode. And here I am about to start week 3 of insanity, with nothing to show for it :( I anything I feel like I'm putting on weight!! And my clothes fir just the same. so I don't think I'm losing inches either. Please help.

Replies

• ForRealAU
    ForRealAU Posts: 17
    Options
    First, don't give up or beat yourself up.

I am the QUEEN of saying it doesn't work. Trying something and then changeing it, tweeking it and just give up in the end. Well let me tell you what I can say honestly when I look at all my atempts....I never once did 100% when I followed a plan. Now don't get me wrong in the middle of it I would have said I am following it 100% but looking back...NOPE, truth was hard for me.

Now I am not saying that you are not giving it 100% I am just telling you where I came from so as you understand my reply. :-)

So again, don't beat yourself up. Look at what your eating, exercise, water intake and such. Is there something you are eating or doing that can be changed. Are you weighing food, measureing food? Do you eat your exercise back? Maybe if you post a couple days of what your doing others can chim in.

Don't stop...you can do it! :-)
  • jshopkins
    jshopkins Posts: 6
    Options
    I feel the same way! I just started week 3 and though I lost 4 lbs the first week, the scale will not move anymore! It's very frustrating as I'm doing a very good job of staying under the 1200 calorie mark on most days. Grrr!
  • Famous4it
    Famous4it Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the support. Yeah I do generally eat back my exercise calories. Sorry I thought, my diary was on public, there now it is. Please ignore the 8th, it was my 1700 day but it's kind of embarrassing now that I look at it...:laugh: