One, miserable pound at a time

Options
EvilMomma
EvilMomma Posts: 70 Member
Damn it! I am earning this weight loss through determination and will power. Talk about a lifestyle change! Twenty five years ago I moved to Los Angeles and settled into a suburban lifestyle that included lots of eating out, a high pressure job that kept me in my car, and little to no exercise. I joined MFP a year ago then dropped out when the going got tough. Well, Honeys, I'm back and down 1 more miserable little pound in the last week.

No, I'm not exercising. There just isn't enough time in the day to change out the entire lifestyle all at once. I was accepted to PhD program to start in October, I'm still raising a teenager, and I still work my high pressure job only out of an office, as well as the hubby, etc. I am NOT eating fast food. When I eat out, I order what I want and leave part of it on the plate. I order a clean fork at dessert and snitch bites from my friends' and hubby's plates. Most days I go heavy on the veggies and lots of water. I'm meeting my sister in Vegas this weekend and driving over to the Grand Canyon for some bonding time--we'll walk alot and I will eat a steak or two. This is my life; I finally figured out what matters (and Micky D's ain't it!)

When the weather cools down I'll start walking. Its supposed to reach 107 by Wednesday this week. I am hoping to lose these last 2 pounds this month and have a cool 1/3 of my weight lost.

This is not a whine. This is a CELEBRATION of my will power and my determination. Go ME! And to everyone who is in the same, 1-lb-at-a-time boat...we can do this!! And we can do this for as long as it takes, one pound and one day or week at a time.

Replies

• momotivation
    momotivation Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    couldn't have said it better!! keep up the great work!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I'm not exercising either. I walk a little. Nursing an injury so have to take it easy. Lost 16lbs in a month. I suspect it will slow down now. You're here and that's all that matters. One pound at a time is good. Don't get into a frenetic mindset about food and working out; it tends to backfire sometimes.
  • Fabgirl41
    Fabgirl41 Posts: 2
    Options
    Good for you! It sounds like you are prioritizing and being realistic. Keep working on your goals!
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    good luck.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Way to recommit! Weight loss can happen for all sorts of lifestyles and it just might be a little slower in your situation, but YOU CAN DO IT! Keep up the great work!

I have to say, I really related to this except my "high pressure job" is AT McDonalds...so not only do I have the stress but I have the comfort foods RIGHT THERE in front of my face. Deciding to recommit was easy but it isn't always easy to stay away from the bad stuff!
  • Tonya0605
    Tonya0605 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement. I'm a one-lb-at-a-time girl, too. No whopping 4,6,8 lb weight loss weeks for me,either. But, I'm ok with it. In the grand scheme of things - something is better than nothing.
  • Jayneopopsidoodle
    Jayneopopsidoodle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm on a miserable 1/2 pound every two weeks :( I feel your pain :( x
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! Your determination is inspiring!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter if it's half a pound, a pound or however many pounds a week, a loss is a loss so embrace it and send it on its way never to be seen again.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I needed this today. Thanks you and cheers to a fellow tortoise... Slow adn Steady wins the race.
  • girlonfire15
    girlonfire15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm exercising my *kitten* off (quite literally) and I'm still in the one pound a week club. It's frustrating, especially when you hear of all these people losing three a week, but it's better than nothing. Hey, those lonely pounds will add up soon :)
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Loved your post, couldn't have said it better myself. I too am one of those 1-pound-a-week persons, but I think this time it really sunk in my head that this is a lifestyle change and not a race to lose fast and end up gaining it back and then some... Congrats!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! And continued success...I know you will get there!
  • EvilMomma
    EvilMomma Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support and happy feelings. I have two pounds to make it to my magic 20 lbs down. If I do it by the end of the month, I'll be happy. You all rock! Keep it up and we'll get there.:love:
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am losing one pound at a time. I am okay with it, the longer it takes to come off the longer it stays off!
  • alexxandriac
    Options
    In response to ashlinmarie:

I've havent liked MickeyD's since I watched SuperSize me. But especially after I watched Food,inc. However pretty much everyone else I hang out with still does and sometimes it was just unavoidable due to lack of $ && i knew i needed to eat SOMETHING instead of starving myself. But now, after seeing so many facts about not just mickey d's but fast food in general I don't eat it all. I only allow myself to indulge in an In 'N Out burger or Sonic because they're not close to home so it's extremely rare I'd get it. But do some research & I promise you, even though it's in your face, you'll without a doubt stay away from it. <3 Keep up the good work.

Same goes to everyone else, we're all in this long hard journey together. But with determination and strength we'll all make it through.It's just one step at a time. Soon we'll be taking leaps instead of baby steps :)
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    My 1st 10 pounds took a year to get to and that was mostly just by dieting, eating smaller portions. After I joined MFP, I was logging my food more accurately and was able to lose another 10...it's frustrating, but totally do-able...glad to hear that you re-committed yourself to the challenge...keep up the great work and never forget you have an amazing support group here! *HUGS* :happy:
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    LBS add up and changing your Habits of Health multiplies those LBS...at least you arent gaining those just a LBS can add up there too...WTG on celebrating the LBS its 80% Nutrition and 20% exercsie some take 2 years to drop 50 lbs some take 4-6 months we r all diff and the work we put in is as well:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!