At what point did you get to go shopping for new sizes?

Options
Hey ya'll. I just lost my first 20 lbs. I went from 241 to 221. But I'm still in my size 16 to 18 size jeans (the size varies according to the cut and brand). At what point of your weight loss did you have no choice but to buy new pants or they would fall off? The jeans are a little loose in fact much looser than they were but they are by no means falling off. My bra size and underwear are the same too. However, my friends say they can notice I'm losing. So if I'm losing why aren't my sizes getting smaller?

Replies

• Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm down 62 lbs (from 250 to 188) I started out at a size 22, I have been stuck in a 16/18 for the last 40 lbs! I'm like I weigh 188lbs! I should be in a smaller size dangit! It's soooooo frustrating, but I know sooner or later that my sizes are going to drop. Just keep on doing what you're doing and you'll soon get to be where you want to be! :smile:
  • GaglianiGirl
    Options
    I plan to wear my clothes until they look complteely sloppy and fall off me bc I have a ton of weight to lose and will hopefully go through many many sizes. That said, I started off at over 300lbs, lost 50 and can still get by with most of my clothes although, I'm sure I'm technically in a smaller size now.
  • uprightashley
    uprightashley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've been pretty good about buying new clothes because I'm sure I will go through many sizes on this journey and I don't want to buy new ones until they ones I have look absolutely sloppy. I've also been told I like to hide myself in my clothes. Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 14/16 and I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't buy NEW clothes until I was in a size 10. I did buy some stuff at thrift stores when I was solidly in a size 12, but I didn't buy anything brand new till I was a 10. But, I didn't buy a lot and it was a good thing. I really went past sizes 12 and 10 pretty fast and I've been at an 8 for a while. I don't think I'll get down past 6, if I get that small, so I'm slowly rebuilding my wardrobe now but, honestly, I would wait. At this point, it's kind of frustrating seeing how much money I spend on 12's and 10's that I can't wear anymore...some of it I only got to wear once. :(

I would thrift for some in-between stuff but maybe make a weight or size goal for yourself to actually go on a shopping trip.
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    i started at a 20 which were very tight when i was 257lbs. i refused to buy a bigger size so as of right now my pants fit better and i have lost almost 20lbs. I cant wait to be able to go out and buy smaller sizes. If you go and buy something buy a pair or two of jeans cause like she said, you will go through many different sizes and dont want to waste your money.
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I started at 268 - when I hit over 30 - 35? I realized I didn't have a choice. I had pools of material that I had to try to not trip over at my feet from my pants, and they just looked horrid. I work in an office with a dress code, and while I don't think they would say anything about losing weight and pants getting baggy, I didn't want to be stared at either ;) I broke down and went and bought some. Sadly they are starting to get a little loose already. THAT is a little frustrating. I think I could have gotten by in a size smaller - but then, if I did,they'd have been too snug and I'd have been miserable wearing them waiting to shrink to fit.

So I just grin and bear it.. *sigh* I figure i'm going to go through this at least 2 more times before it's all said and done.
  • kmiknaitis
    Options
    I've lost 17 lbs. My jeans are loose but still wearing same size...I just wear a belt with them now.