Motivational Quotes...

Options
I read constantly and i'm also a writer working on finishing my first manuscript. Words can be very motivational so i was wondering if any one out there has a particular quote that inspires them. If you post something remember to give credit where credits due... no using your great grandfathers wise words as your own. Lol...

Two of my favorites are:

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." ~~ Benjamin Franklin~~

"Learn from the past, set vivid detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now." ~~ Denis Waitley~~

Replies

• KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Be gentle to all and stern with yourself.
    Saint Teresa of Avila

If you can dream it, you can do it.
    Walt Disney

It's always too early to quit.
    Norman Vincent Peale

No matter how many goals you have achieved, you must set your sights on a higher one.
    Jessica Savitch
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    "People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves."
    Salma Hayek
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Options
    Good ones...i need to add these to my list!!!! :smile:
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    "The scale can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity. That's it. It cannot measure beauty, talent, purpose, life force, possibility, strength, or love."

"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind" CS Lewis.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    "I'm not just a big fat panda.... I'm THE big fat panda." - Po, Kung Fu Panda.

This one has personal meaning to me - Panda's my nickname at competitions, and I was a kung fu instructor for 5 years.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Here are all of the ones I have posted so far this year:
    You’re the average of the five people you spend the most time with.
    Jim Rohn

Reduce everything you want to do to an action you can do right now.
    Jason Randal

Everything is energy and that's all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosiphy. This is physics.
    Albert Einstein

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.
    George S. Patton

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
    Dr. Seuss

First we make our habits, then our habits make us.
    Charles C. Noble

You can’t cure obesity with bigger pants. My solution is the opposite: put those damned tight pants on and keep wearing them. When they bite at you, it's a reminder to take the stairs instead of the elevator, eat a piece of grilled salmon instead of a chocolate bar and bologna sandwich, and to start walking and biking more. Those tight pants are your biggest ally in addressing the underlying problem – if you give them up, you'll be allowed to forget what the real problem is: your lifestyle has become unhealthy and you're doing everything with a dull saw!
    Mr. Money Mustache

You can't get to wonderful without passing through alright.
    Andrew Zuckerman

The reason that most of us are unhappy most of the time is that we set our goals-not for the person we're going to be when we reach them-we set our goals for the person we are when we set them.
    Jim Coudal

In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins - not through strength, but through persistence.
    Buddha

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
    Mary Anne Radmacher

Persist.
    Austin Madison

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!
    Audrey Hepburn

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
    Lance Armstrong

Complaining Is Stupid. Either Act or Forget.
    Stefan Sagmeister

Love and desire are the spirit's wings to great deeds.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Either you run the day or the day runs you.
    Jim Rohn

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand

With self-discipline most anything is possible.
    Theodore Roosevelt

When you fail you learn from the mistakes you made and it motivates you to work even harder.
    Natalie Gulbis

Change before you have to.
    Jack Welch

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
    Muhammad Ali

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
    Thomas Jefferson

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
    Norman Vincent Peale

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
    Henry David Thoreau

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
    Robert J Collier

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
    Anais Nin

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
    Jim Rohn

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

You must welcome change as the rule but not as your ruler.
    Denis Waitley

You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.
    David Viscott

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.
    Ralph Marston

It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.
    Dr. Denis Waitley

Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are.
    Bertolt Brecht

Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
    William James

Change alone is eternal, perpetual, immortal.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

It’s the lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believe in myself.
    Muhammad Ali

You're never beaten until you admit it.
    George S. Patton

Virtues are acquired through endeavor, which rests wholly upon yourself.
    Sidney Lanier

Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail.
    John Donne

The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
    Confucius

Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.
    Dean Acheson

The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.
    M. Scott Peck

Decisions determine destiny.
    Thomas S. Monson

You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Be gentle to all and stern with yourself.
    Saint Teresa of Avila

Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.
    John F. Kennedy

If there is no struggle, there is no progress.
    Frederick Douglass

I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be.
    Ken Venturi

Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
    Wayne Dyer

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
    Nido Qubein

It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.
    C. S. Lewis

If you don’t have confidence, you’ll always find a way not to win.
    Carl Lewis

Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.
    Frank Herbert

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
    Kyle Chandler

The past is behind--we must learn from it. The future is ahead--we must prepare for it. The present is now—we must live in it.
    Thomas S. Monson

Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
    World Health Organization 1948

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
    Winston Churchill

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.
    Paul Dudley White

Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.
    Albert Einstein

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
    Victor Kiam

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
    J.K. Rowling

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
    Winston Churchill

Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer.
    Winston Churchill

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
    Jim Rohn

Belief creates the actual fact.
    William James

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never, never, never give up.
    Winston Churchill

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

For a gallant spirit there can never be defeat.
    Wallis Simpson

He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything.
    Thomas Carlyle

Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.
    Winston Churchill

Change your thoughts and you change your world.
    Norman Vincent Peale

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

If a man achieves victory over this body, who in the world can exercise power over him? He who rules himself rules over the whole world.
    Vinoba Bhave

Begin to be now what you will be hereafter.
    William James

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
    Mahatma Gandhi

It's always too early to quit.
    Norman Vincent Peale

I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.
    Winston Churchill

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.
    Tommy Lasorda

Weakness of Attitude becomes weakness of character.
    Albert Einstein

Believe you can and you're halfway there.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it.
    Winston Churchill

A healthy outside starts from the inside.
    Robert Urich

Continuous effort-not strength or intelligence-is the key to unlocking our potential.
    Winston Churchill

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
    Langston Hughes

We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end.
    Winston Churchill

Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer.
    Marcia Wieder

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
    Winston Churchill

You cannot dream yourself into a character: you must hammer and forge yourself into one.
    Henry D. Thoreau

The more difficulties one has to encounter, within and without, the more significant and the higher in inspiration his life will be.
    Horace Bushnell

I try to post one a day to my profile (excluding weekends, usually). Anyone who wants can add me to see them every day. Also, OP, I want to thank you for requesting that people credit the quotes, that is a pet peeve of mine.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    "The principle is competing against yourself. It's about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before" -Steve Young
  • Amysgetnfit
    Amysgetnfit Posts: 231
    Options
    Love the quotes!
    Heres 2 more :wink:

~Get comfortable with being Uncomfortable... being too comfortable is what got us in this mess!

~Unless you try to go beyond the things you have already mastered, you will never grow.

the first one is my own quote, the second I believe said Annonymous
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    These are very motivational.

I look forward to reading more.

Thanks for posting.
  • sofakingawesome69
    Options
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." Emmanuel Goldstien aka Cereal Killer in the movie Hackers. Quoting Ozzy Osbourne.
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    it doesnt matter how slow you're going just dont stop.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments” -Jim Rohn
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I love so many of these quotes. I'm bookmarking to come back and add some later that I have written at home and also to borrow the ones here. :)
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill
  • NajahDaMuslimah
    Options
    "YOU CAN'T MOVE FORWARD LOOKING BACK..."
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

~Dr. Seuss

I'm a kid at heart and its so simple and true.

I joined the gym finally after reading this one again! I was worried everyone would look down on me, that I was so fat, or whatever. And now I honestly don't care. I just do me!
  • ava33
    ava33 Posts: 26
    Options
    Mine's not as deep but has changed the way I think about eating - "don't treat yourself with food, you're not a dog". If I eat chocolate now it's because I want chocolate, not as a reward or compensation for anything.
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • KauandMe
    KauandMe Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later

(thanks, guys!)
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    Just posted this one today:

Somewhere behind the athlete you've become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you is a little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back...play for her.

Mia Hamm