Vegetarian Recipes

Options
Hey everyone! I am in need of some good vegetarian recipes. I am not completely vegetarian (more of a 6 day vegetarian) and save meat for when me and my wife go on a date each week. My wife is not a vegetarian at all and it makes it difficult to find things that she can add meat to half of it. She has done awesome with adapting it all for me (I get kidney stones and something in the animal proteins help form them) and she has opened up to vegetarian dishes - but we need some more recipes in our arsonal. Please Help! Thanks! If it is possible, we'd love to have the caloric info as well!

Thanks!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Stir fry would be an option. You could stir fry the veggies first, then stir fry the meat and whatever protein you are using separately (tofu or nuts are good options for stir fry) and just add together.
  • kolie518
    kolie518 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian times has tons of recipes! All with the nutrition info too. I use their site all the time.

http://www.vegetariantimes.com
  • ShanaGore
    ShanaGore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    pasta's are good options, you can do pasta with a meat free sauce and she can toss some meat on top of hers. I also like eggplant burgers. Skin then slice the eggplant pretty thick, season to taste and grill and saute in a pan, put on a whole wheat but with all the burger condiments you like. Do the same thing with portabella mushrooms. We also do a soup/salad and sandwich night about once week. You can do a tomato or veggie soup and then for your sandwich it can be veggies and cheese and she can add meat to her sandwich. We do big salads for dinner some nights, you can add tofu, boiled eggs and/or nuts on top of your salad for protein and she can add grilled chicken or whatever meat she likes on top of her salad. We also do burritos, you can do yours with beans, brown rice and veggies and she can add meat to hers if she wants.
  • Hollycoleman46
    Options
    Mediterranean Sandwich
    Bread should be a good quality a good sub roll or thickly sliced bread

Humus (w/cilantro)
    spicy mustard
    feta cheese
    roasted red pepper
    thinly sliced cucumbers
    tomatoes
    thinly sliced red onion

I love this sandwich I add Greek peppers and black olives
  • thecrazyrunner
    thecrazyrunner Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    THank you all so much! I'm getting some good ideas - keep em' coming. I don't think we could have too many options :)
  • becky_stock
    Options
    When i became vegetarian, I still ate the same stuff we had been eating, I just left off the meat. My husband just added the meat on top of his food. With morning star, there are so many "meat" alternatives to substitute your meat...soy crumbles for "ground meat", chik'n starters for "sliced chicken breasts", and I eat a lot of marinated/seasoned extra firm tofu in place of a slab of meat. For example, I will marinate half a block of tofu in soy sauce or balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then BBQ it or saute it and serve in place of a chicken breast or pork chop... It is quite delicious.