What's Up

Options
Hey everybody...new to the site just wanted to greet and say hello. My friend told me about this to help keep track of what I eat, so that is why I joined. Just looking to lose about 15-20 pounds to compensate for the beer drinking during football season. I lift weights alot, but havent hit the cardio that much cause my metabolism has always been high. But guess, when I turned 30 it started to drastically slow down. So, hello and I look forward to speaking with everybody.

Replies

• deekennedy33
    deekennedy33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good luck with this website. I just turned 36 recently, but have been exercising alot at the Y. Recently joined the Get Fit program. I don't really need to loose weight (I only weigh 106 to 108), but in 6 weeks, I have lost 2 inches and feeling better and fitter of course. This website helps tremendously as far as tracking my exercises and calories intake, especially eating healthier!!

I'm sure you'll get there fast!!
  • HelloSunshine
    Options
    Good Luck :)
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options

Saw that u r from TN, Im from Johnson City....whats up with the packers beanie
  • tres1967
    tres1967 Posts: 177
    Options
    The extensive food databank is amazing, I am losing the 40 pounds I gained after I broke my back 9 months agao and this site is an excellent tool for seeing the numbers. If only it could give me a few more hours a day that would be great :bigsmile:
  • Trav
    Options
    Wow...broke your back...was that from skiing, guessing from your avatar
  • HelloSunshine
    Options

Haha, I LOVE the Packers. Have loved them ever since I was four years old :heart:
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    gooooooood luck. its a very helpful site.
  • tres1967
    tres1967 Posts: 177
    Options
    No, but I am a snowboarder and snowboard instructor, which is what helped me. I was a commercial building inspector and a fire escape I was on broke and down I went - 30 feet they say. I tried to grab the rails but when I knew I was going down I used what I know from boarding to help break my fall, I was just going too fast and landed on my butt (on the step that broke no less).
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    No, but I am a snowboarder and snowboard instructor, which is what helped me. I was a commercial building inspector and a fire escape I was on broke and down I went - 30 feet they say. I tried to grab the rails but when I knew I was going down I used what I know from boarding to help break my fall, I was just going too fast and landed on my butt (on the step that broke no less).

Ow! I'll bet that building didn't pass inspection! I hope you're back on the snow soon! We'eve already been twice this year. The 22 ft superpipe is already open at Copper Mtn. The US Snowboarding team is preparing for the Grand Prix at Copper starting this weekend. We hope to go watch them. If not, the finals are on NBC this Sunday.
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    You're making me so jealous!!!!!
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options

Who is making you jealous?
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Welcome.... :)
  • Trav
    Options

Haha, I LOVE the Packers. Have loved them ever since I was four years old :heart:

do u at least like the volunteers....cmon
  • mavsfan2009
    Options

Who is making you jealous?

34at35 talking about skiing.
  • Trav
    Options
    its funny...not good at skiing, but pretty good at snowboarding