Met my 1200 calorie goals four days straight, gained 1.5

I'm in week 3 of MFP and was doing great on 1200 calories, though it has been a bit hard to get used to eating much less than I'm used to. But I lost a few pounds and then, when I stepped on the scale today, saw I put 1.5 back on. Disappointing. I am only 4'11" and would love to get to 114 lbs so I can get into most of my clothes again, but my body doesn't seem to want to budge past 116. I wonder how much of it might have to do with being 60 years old. But I will keep going!

The main thing is that since I started, I feel much healthier, and I am absolutely eating healthier. Doing interesting things with vegetables.

Replies

• ForRealAU
    ForRealAU Posts: 17
    It is always hard to get the last couple of pounds off. My MIL is having the same issue right now. She gains and drops the same couple of pounds. Just keep going.
  • HorganMom3
    HorganMom3 Posts: 63 Member
    There are a lot of changes your body is getting used to, especially in the beginning. Some would say your initial loss was water weight. There are some awesome reads within the boards here about the beginning weeks, a plateau, those last few pounds, etc.
    You don't say anything about exercises either, which could also be an issue. JUST eating 1200 cals a day may not be what your body needs to lose the weight.
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Water. And don't weigh yourself so often as your weight fluctuates daily
  • I HAVE THAT SAME PROBLEM WITH THE SCALE, I HAVE TO ADMIT I DO FEEL BETTER AND I LOOK BETTER IN MY CLOTHES BUT THE SCALE WILL NOT BUDGE I WORK OUT FOR THE LAST WEEK NON STOP I GUESS IN TIME THE SCALE WITH DO ITS THING , BUT FOR RITE NOW I GUESS I GOTTA TAKE WAT IM GETTIN I HAVE LOST A COUPLE OF INCHES THATS GREAT I ONLY BEEN DOIN THIS FOR THREE WEEKS AND THAT IS BIG FOR ME I AM REALLY INTERESTED I USUALLY GET BORED AND GO BAC TO COMPLAININ
  • rachael52
    rachael52 Posts: 86 Member
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I will be patient, keep on track, and weigh myself less. For exercise, damn, I just can't stand it. But I'll add a minute to the eight I do on the elliptical.