Turbo fire!

Options
So I am starting the prep programme for Turbo Fire today, how do I list it on here? I noticed insanity is added as circuit training, would this be the same?
Anyone want to join me?

Replies

• staceymc39
    Options
    Never Heard of turbo fire....what is it? Heard of Turbo jam.....something similar?
  • mrbunsrocks
    mrbunsrocks Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've only done a few of the workouts from TurboFire, but I log the Fire workouts as Kickboxing and the HIIT workouts as calisthenics, vigorous.

staceymc39 - it's by the same person as TurboJam, but it's a lot more intense. And super fun!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hi there - you can add an exercise to the database to use for yourself if you go into Exercise > My Exercises. I would strongly recommend using a heart rate monitor like the Polar FT4 to gauge an accurate calorie burn and then input the data with your own new exercise category.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I loved Turb Fire, it was a good workout to do after I finished Insanity. It ripped up my ABS..
  • sarrylove
    sarrylove Posts: 88
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Fire!! I am in Month 3 now and I lost 17.9 lbs and 14 inches from my body in the first two months!! You will love it!!! SO much fun! Feel free to message me if you have any questions!!!

Also, about recording the calories, I would use a heart rate monitor if you have one. If not, you can use like 'aerobics, high intensity', circuit training for the HIIT classes

Sara
  • veggie2vegan
    Options
    I am starting it tonight myself!!! :smile:
  • NJ64a
    NJ64a Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi, Im on Day 20 of Turbo Fire. I use a HRM and log the classes myself as they are not listed. I am following the 20 week schedule so still have 17+ weeks to go but am really enjoying it so plan to see it through to the end. It takes a good few days to get into but its worth it. Have fun and good luck!
  • CG55
    CG55 Posts: 8
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire, I log it as Kickboxing (Turbo Jam). Fire is more intense than Jam, so I gauge/adjust it to my Fitbit.
  • tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    TurboFire is my addiction! I use my HRM to track calories burned, but if you don't have one I would log it as aerobics. HIITs would be high intensity. That's my opinion. A HRM will give you an accurate reading. I found that MFP, while in the ballpark, was on the low side. If I burned them, I earned them. I want each and every one tracked.
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I did about 6 weeks of prep. Great program. I decided to squeeze a week of inferno in my prep weeks
    I have fitbit, and that is simply the best. I don't have to guess
  • cherryacid
    cherryacid Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!! I am goin to add all that are doing it if that is ok?
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just started day one this morning with the Fire 30 class! I logged as kickboxing, but used my HRM calories which was 247 (MUCH lower than MFP's suggested 527!!).

I have been doing Turbo Jam, so I was so happy when the warm up was the same lol.
  • sarrylove
    sarrylove Posts: 88
    Options
    Awesome! You are going to LOVE TF!!
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all who are starting!! I'm having a blast and I'm super motivated to get my workouts in every day!!!
  • sweetaddict123
    sweetaddict123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just started Turbo Fire yesterday too! I'm also trying the chocolate shakeology, which is pretty good, tastes just like chocolate milk.....