New Hampshire running

Options
Hi There-I had a baby in December of 2008. I started running in May and did a 5.2 miler in 54.10. I would have loved to have run it faster but I only trained for 4 weeks and the first mile I did in 8 minutes and kind of killed myself for the rest of the time! I was up to running 3-4 times a week, my longest being 6 miles. Well, I got the flu, then my little one had the H1N1 himself. I have taken off 6 weeks and just started running again yesterday. I am going to try for a 16 miler in January-far fetched but I may just be able to accomplish it. I need more support to get my butt out of the house!
I have a goal of losing 13 pounds which will make running easier I am sure!

Replies

• KatieCutes
    KatieCutes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 5 miles is a lot. 16 miles is a amazing! 13 lbs will help. my goal is to be able to run a marathon a year from now, however I am 182 lbs, and only 5"6. I need to lose a good 40 lbs before I feel I should start running. I think it would be to hard on me knees!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I don't think you should wait! Running is the best thing I ever started. I started by walking for 2 minutes-running 1 for 20 minutes and then I built up. I lost 10 pounds pretty quickly. The more you lose, the easier it is to run for sure, and running is the fastest way to lose weight! I know you can do it! We both can! I want to run a marathon in November of 2010!~
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Don't wait! Start running slow with walking in between! I am a little shorter than you and weigh about 10 lbs less and I started a little over a month ago to train for a 5K and monday and tuesday I ran 2 miles straight! I am well on my way for a 5K or anything I want :) Start now!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things with running in NH used to be snowshoe runnning. The running club I was part of (Gate City Striders in Nashua) used to Cross Country ski vacations for cross training for boston.

Good Luck with your running goals. Awesome job.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    my goal is to be able to run a marathon a year from now, however I am 182 lbs, and only 5"6. I need to lose a good 40 lbs before I feel I should start running. I think it would be to hard on me knees!

Don't wait! If we waited to do things until we lost weight, we'd miss out on an awful lot!! I'm 5'6" and 202 lbs. I am on Week 5 of Couch to 5K and love it! I plan on starting with a 5K and working my way up to a Marathon. You can totally do it, too!!