Dinner on 500 calories :)

Options
I am hungriest come dinner so I have switched my calories around to where i get more at breakfast and dinner and then mini meals throughout the day. But i am not used to getting 350 allotted for a meal so i need some yummy ideas! I aim to get at least 15 grams protein but other than that i am up for any ideas :)

So tell me some of your favorite meals that are roughly 400-550 :D

Replies

• MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Grilled or baked chicken and caesar salad with no croutons... or you can try quinoa in place of rice with steamed veggies. :)
  • Sarahdix1322
    Options
    I have been able to make tacos or fajitas for around that. I use ground turkey instead of beef, or chicken for the fajitas. reduced fat cheese, black beans, the seasoning packets at the stores are fine, onions, green peppers, tomatos, lettuce. And the littler taco shell. I can usually eat two of them and feel full when I am done. Just make sure you read portion sizes, I measure the amount I put on a shell, which works fine because if you try and put to much on the shell will break.
  • Sarahdix1322
    Options
    Or, I don't know what stores you have around, but there are some frozen pizzas that are good. I found one that is a spinach pizza that says I can eat 1/3 of it for 230 cals. I took it home and cut up some tomatos on it and added a little more cheese. Then I ate 2/3 of it last night, and the last 2 slices this morning for breakfast... it was so yummy
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    baked talapia with a side of roasted butternut squash. YUMMMM and under 300 calories.
  • bethanym90
    bethanym90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Quinoa is delicious!
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have been eating a 1/2 cup of red potatoes, 1 cup broccoli, and 1 drumstick. Mmmm. At only 300 calories or less it has 23 grams of protein and only 32 carbs. Plus its alot and fills me up! About to eat that for my early morning 2nd meal!
  • ashbosity
    ashbosity Posts: 20
    Options
    Depending on how you feel about them, almost all Lean Cuisine or other calorie conscious frozen meals would fall into that range. Pair it with a salad and/or a piece of fruit. Also, any lean protein (chicken breast, lean pork, well trimmed steak) with a small (1/2 cup or so) or rice or potatoes plus some veggies should be in that range. For example, yesterday I had for dinner:
    1 cup carrot sticks with 1 TBSP bleu cheese dressing, 6oz New York strip steak trimmed of all fat, 1 cup of steamed broccolini, and 1/2 cup of jasmine rice and it was only 472 calories. Good luck!
  • TracyAnn90
    TracyAnn90 Posts: 20
    Options
    I have been eatting a stir fry of leftover a couple of times a week and it is very filling. I use whatever lean meat I have left over (Usually chicken breast) a cup or so of whatever veggies I have laying around, 1 tbsp of teriyaki sauce (The one I use is only 25 calories)and one container of the microwave ready brown rice to save on time(the mixxed grain one is yummy too).
  • imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My favourite is Spanish Chicken with rice and brocolli. Have lots of brocolli, 1/4th jar of Spanish Chicken Sauce, 1 piece of chicken and max. 100 gram rice. Satisfaction guaranteed!

ps: I am a veggie, so use 2 pieces of Quorn Chicken in stead.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate...I eat more early and less later...otherwise I might have a tendency to get too hungry and overeat. Works for me! I am also doing mini meals..

.if you check out my diary please note I have high and low days. So you should check out a couple of days. I have posted my meals ahead for today and tomorrow...
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    bumping for ideas! :drinker:
  • barefootbridgey
    barefootbridgey Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Have you tried cauliflower "rice"? You can make a pretty delcious "stir fry" for minimal calories. You just chop up cauliflower in a food processor until it's about the size of race grains. I do this for work all the time - 1 cup cauliflower "rice", broccoli, mushrooms a splash of soy sauce, a bit of peanut butter (or PB2) and some sriracha. I throw it in a glass container (covered) and microwave it until it's done. Try it out on your own and decide what your favorite soy sauce to peanut butter ratio is...it's delicious, but it does look really weird. :)

I also do a lot of egg white omelets - egg whites (sometimes I'll throw in one whole egg to make me feel better about it), broccoli, mushrooms, a bit of ham or turkey if I have it and some feta (or cottage) cheese over top. It's delicious.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    A can or steam-able bag of seasoned vegetables with 3 ounces of grilled chicken strips or some sliced-up low-fat franks.

With chicken:
    Del Monte makes a can of zucchini and tomatoes in with Italian seasoning.
    Green giant and bird's eye have lots of steam-able vegetable medleys with seasoning or sauce.

With 3 hebrew national 98% fat free all-beef franks:
    Trappey's has a can of okra and tomatoes, and another can of "creole gumbo" okra.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have a lot 4 oz lean meat 1 cup veggie 1/2 cup starch and 1/2 cup chopped fruit and it always comes to around 500
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    knock out the carbs and you will be fine!

chicken stir fry,salads,tunas ect
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast - boneless skinless - 4 oz is about 120 calories
    Rice - one cup cooked is about 200 calories - which is A LOT of rice
    vegetables - one cup of broccoli and/or cauliflower is only 30 calories

200+120+30+= 350!!!
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I made enchiladas last night for 362. I used two of the 90 cal( for 2) corn and flour tortillas.I spread green chile salsa 2 TLBS on bottom of baking dish.On tortillas spread 1 TLBS Sour cream on each tortilla,sprinkle most of 1/2 cup lowfat cheese,saving some to go on top. Roll up,place in pan. Spread 2 Tlbs green chile salsa over top,sprinkle rest of cheese. bake 350 till done or microwave. Once plated top with 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes. For side I did 2 cups of spinach with a lemon wedge.I couldn't eat it all.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Light sour cream.
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    Skinny sandwich bread with tuna and cheese microwave until cheese is melted all for 310 calories.