paleo success

Options
So I don't care if its controversial I'm excited. After 6 months of eating "paleo" I am not only at my goal weight and maintaining, but I just got my bloodwork results back. Everything is excellent. People said I would have high cholesterol from all the meat, its perfect. My triglycerides are perfect and my glucose is perfect. People said I don't get enough calcium because I dont eat dairy. Well my calcium is perfect. All my numbers are great. I have cured my pcos, celiac disease, low vitamin d and my thyroid levels arw all normal. Not to mention I look Damn good!

Replies

• jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    What is it?!?
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, how do you get your calcium without dairy? I have been thinking about paleo as carbs do not seem to agree with me but I need to eat a diet high in calcium.
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If it works for you then great :)

there is a lot of evidence to suggest that low carb helps people with celiac disease whose guts are still healing. I did the specific carbohydrate diet for a while and this definitely helped the worst problems.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, how do you get your calcium without dairy? I have been thinking about paleo as carbs do not seem to agree with me but I need to eat a diet high in calcium.

I don't eat dairy, but I eat lots of leafy greens to help with my calcium. I also drink almond milk-- that is fortified with calcium.
  • lele104
    lele104 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congrats.
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    This is encouraging to hear! I've been really considering trying a paleo/keto type diet but I was worried about cholesterol from all that meat.... glad to hear you've had good results!
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Great job! We do modified Paleo...so I gess it would be primal..lol..and my hubby loves it :)
  • crissyrox
    crissyrox Posts: 94
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I have started to go primal/paleo since last week, but as of today I am officially doing nothing else. (was doing a few extra snacks last week just to get it outta my system) I have found the last few days eating mostly paleo that I have been feeling better. It's tough getting used to at first but I already notice a difference. Excited to read about your lab results as well! I have mine from a few weeks ago and am going to use that as my baseline as well. Hopefully I will be able to post some good results like you in the next few months :) You are def a good motivator for me :)

As for calcium a lot of fruits and green leafy veggies provide tons of it. I also drink coconut/almond milk every now and then.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It's cool to hear a story backed up by blood work. I've been thinking about leaning that direction, but there are just so many things I like that are processed and/or have grains in them! I'll have to take baby steps.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    And from what I can tell, you DO look damn good!
  • missff
    missff Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    brilliant and very inspiring!

did you stick to it the whole 6 months?
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Awesome, glad is working out perfect for you AND you are happy with your body. Fantastic!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It is an excellent way to eat! Just got ripped by someone telling me to look at google because I said carbs are sugar! Ugh I just got done with the book 'primal bodies primal mind' incredible ! Filled with facts and many stidies that support this way of eating keep it up!
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Nice job.. fantastic that you found something that worked for you.

eggshells are a great source of calcium.. you can cleanse them really well then throw them in the blender with your shakes or you can just supplement .. if iim not mistaken you can get calcium from fruits and veggies as well
  • LysGetsFit
    Options
    Awesome!! My boyfriend and I have been on Paleo for a week and we already feel different in a great way. More energy, less moodiness. We did go through some grain withdrawals the 3rd or 4th day and that left us feeling crappy but now we're back on track. I love Paleo!
  • Asenaith
    Asenaith Posts: 7
    Options
    My boyfriend was curious about paleo, can you post what a typical meal would be like? I'm glad to hear you have great results! I have read things online that say paleo is not dependable or safe in terms of weight loss.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • PaleoMichelle
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic and your innerds appear to be benefitting from the paleo lifestyle.

The benefits of this way of eating are unmatched.
  • ethelapple
    ethelapple Posts: 79
    Options
    Love Paleo/Primal. I've lost almost 30 lbs so far....a typical meal looks like some protein (chicken, eggs, steak, pork -- grassfed if possible), lots of veggies (a salad, some steamed broccoli, mashed cauliflower), a little fruit (berries mostly).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!