Been on here FOREVER, now it's time to get serious.

Options
HotelWife
HotelWife Posts: 26 Member
Hi everyone!

I am 35, have two kids, and am still blaming "baby weight" for not being able to fit into my jeans. (My son is about to be six; my daughter will be four next week.) I've used MFP on and off for about two years, maybe more. My pattern since having kids has been this: gain a few pounds, go on a "cleanse," lose 8, start eating like crap again. Gain 7lbs. Starve off 3. Get my period, gain 5lbs of water weight, get mad, eat ice cream out of the carton and peanut butter out of the jar. Water weight turns into fat weight.

I'm 5'4" (on a good day) and weigh 145. I haven't been this heavy (excluding pregnancy) since I gained the Freshman Thirty in 1995. I'm just tired of it.

Although I work out 4-5 x a week for at least 60 minutes, I know my problem is what I've been putting into my mouth. "You can't out-exercise a crappy diet," I've read. "In order to achieve success, you need to make a public proclamation," I've seen on Facebook.

So here's my public proclamation because I really need support. I want to have a positive body image and feel good about myself, especially because I know my daughter is watching me. I don't want to pass on any negativity to her.

Anyway! Happy Monday! :)

Replies

• ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined last week myself...I've used other things before for tracking my exercise and calories but even so far, I've found this to be better and easier-plus I've already gotten a lot of support from the site! I'm jealous of your weight...I'm 5'2" and weigh more than you do and I don't have the excuse of baby weight lol Keep up the good work and positive attitude!
  • monkeynumber100
    monkeynumber100 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've got your back. Feel free to add me. This isn't my first time around the MFP block either. ;-)
  • HotelWife
    Options
    Thanks! I'm tired of being uncomfortable in my own skin. Let's do this!
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have never posted on the message boards, and I used the app for about a month a few months ago, but now I'm ready, I'll be a college sophomore this fall and I can't keep this weight on me anymore!
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP. We all need support on this journey. I welcome all new friends who wish to add me. Lets do this!
  • HotelWife
    Options
    And thanks to everyone so far who has reached out to me. The support I feel, already, is amazing!
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. I work out pretty hard as often as i can. When I was dieting right I was smashing through weight. Took a few weeks off, started eating... everything... and now the work outs mean almost nothing. I keep telling myself, "ok today was the last day i eat like crap." But for some reason I keep having the conversation.

I think what works best for me is reminding myself that food is for energy, not for taste. And, Stop wasting all of the time your putting into the gym by "rewarding" yourself with junk.

I had the conversation last night, so today is day one. Off to a good start so far. My nights are my enemy though.

Good luck!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

My nights are my enemy though.

So are mine!! Although I find if I throw in a quick 30-45 minute jog or bike ride after work, it's enough to help me fill up a bit of the time that I'd normally be bored and find myself eating...Good luck and you're more than welcome to add me as a friend too!
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am a mom to 5 and used the baby weight excuse for way too long! I also used the fact that my kids were little as an excuse. My oldest is now almost 14 so I no longer have an excuse. The older ones have helped watch the little ones so I can get my workouts in! I just had to commit! Finally found a program that works and have a great support system here. Add me if you would like! I am on daily and always try to encourage my friends to make the best choices they can!
    Tara