SUGARS!

Options
I am always over on sugars from eating fruit. Any suggestions?

Replies

• SW8689
    SW8689 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi! I'm having the same problem, especially right now it's cherry season! And since I cut out any processed carbs, and wheat, fruit is my treat. I think the only thing to do is cut down on our fruit, unfortunately.
    Maybe someone knows of of a good fruit that is lower in sugar?
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think apples might be a lower in sugar per serving then cherries.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    lower sugar fruits are berries, honey dew melon, cantaloupe (very low), apples are on the lower end. High sugar fruits include watermelon, grapes, mango, pineapple.
  • 1nsanity
    1nsanity Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    if you are over sugar because of fruit and dairy, i wouldnt worry too much unless you are diabetic. staying away from the processed sugars in candy and the like are what is most important. i routinely am 20 to 30 grams over what mfp tells me, and i have been losing weight just fine!
  • Catiec76
    Catiec76 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the suggestions!!! I do love green apples, I should eat them instead. Any other good snacks that keep you fuller longer and are low in calories?
  • stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    Do not worry about sugar from fruit! It's natural just stay away from canned boxed package or frozen foods! And never eat fast food!
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I too have problem w/ the sugar but as long as it is fruit then I am not totally annoyed w/ myself......my favorite snacks right now are......pb and banana (I know bananas have a lot of sugar in them but 1/day is good if it keeps me out of other stuff)

the sugar free chocolate vitamuffins are good and to me filling,

the reduced fat sargento moz cheese stix.....and carrots

almonds or pistachios or the 100 cal popcorn bags......