From 230+ to 160, my next chapter on this journey!

Options
Hi all!

My name is Eileen and I am back on the health journey! About 3 years ago I remember getting on a scale and weighing in at 233 and I'm not really sure what I was at my highest. I tended to avoid scales. This is me at my 22nd birthday.

3170_72567123276_7208013_n.jpg

But anyways, after finally hitting a wall, I started to really look at what I ate and got off my butt and hit the gym. Three years later today I'm at 160.

378826_10100408588442577_1492538168_n.jpg

It's been long and hard and there are times where I lose motivation and just let it go. I used to tell myself that at a certain weight I would be happy with myself. But everytime I hit my "target" goal, it wasn't enough. My body didn't reflect this image I have in my head. It's a struggle. Now I'm just trying to focus on living an active healthy lifestyle. Don't get me wrong, I still want to lose weight. I would love to be at 130 (at least I'm telling myself), but I'm not gonna focus on just the pounds. I think this is why I was never happy. All I would ever do was focus on cardio and not about strengthening my body. I'm hoping that MFP and this amazing community can help me get there!

Replies

• beavey9185
    Options
    Great job on you journey.
  • Ely0418
    Ely0418 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful. I'm trying so hard to lose weight but I just can't. What made you change to lose all that weight. You look really great, and I know you can end up weighing 130. Good Luck...
  • leenie96
    leenie96 Posts: 65
    Options
    Thank you, that's really sweet :)

I was just going down a really bad road and I just had enough. I guess you could say that I started to "detox" my life, which included my diet. It all started with not being afraid of the gym and all the beautiful people, I would just go in there and do my cardio. I gotta say that one of the best things was really keeping track of what I ate. Before I knew about MFP I would always write everything down. I got so good at it that eventually I knew mentally how much I was eating.

You can definitely do it! Lemme know if you need any help, I'll definitely be here for support!
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I think you are such a wise young woman for your realization. You look beautiful, and way to GO!
  • leenie96
    Options
    I think you are such a wise young woman for your realization. You look beautiful, and way to GO!

Thank you for your kind words!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous!!
  • leenie96
    Options
    you look fabulous!!

Thank you :)
  • QueenQuevarra
    Options
    Wow!! You are such an inspiration!! You look amazing!!!!