Strength training from home with no equipment;)

Options
strength training with no equipment to speak of. I found this article that gave me some further ideas on building muscle. I like doing my "stuff" either outside or in my own livingroom. Just not a "gym" person. Thought if there were any others like me, they might like this site for ideas on strength training from home;) denise http://www.moneycrashers.com/strength-training-exercises-women/

Replies

• soymilkcoffee
    Options
    This is cool. Thanks for the article!
    Sometimes when I don't have time to go to the gym, I use my dogs as my weights, lol. :heart:
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I workout at home unless I'm doing cardio. I only use dumbbells.
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Love this!

Thanks for sharing
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    great! Also, I just started twoundredsquats.com -they have some other types of excersizes, too... you can do them at home with no equipment!
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bump - I workout at home with dumb bells - don't go to the gym, either
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I don't mind going to the gym, but I don't want to pay for it. I'd rather get my work out done when I feel like it instead of getting dressed, getting in the car, driving somewhere, and then driving back home. I really don't have time for that. Besides, I'm trying to prove to myself that I can lose without spending money on a bunch of "fitness things," so to speak.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Books like "You Are Your Own Gym" provide awesome body weight plans. I have a set of adjustable dumbbells, a floor and me. If you're an iPhone/iPod Touch user, there is a great little app called Fitness Buddy that has a lot of bodyweight exercise routines that come with full written and picture instructions!
    I began to love my body when I began to really feel how strong it is. I might weigh 204lbs but I can do full push-ups and bicycle crunches and planks and alllll these great strength building exercises now.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the link, I shall have a read!
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Look for information on "manual resistance" or "manual resistance training"

There is a lot out there. Like you said, it is really effective!
  • smithmom531
    smithmom531 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just started "You Are Your Own Gym" by Mark Lauren. I don't have the book but the App is a great fitness coach and it lays out a 10-week program (4 days a week) for you. It has a program from basic all the way to chief, so it's good for every level. I did the first day yesterday (mostly arms) and my arms are totally feeling it today!
  • jeanie_ca
    jeanie_ca Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    Thanks for sharing it's bookmarked.
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    bump