To add fruit and veg or not...that's the question!

124»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Add it...and the post about not including the sugar...TOTAL NONSENSE! Sugar is exactly the same inside your body whether it comes from fruit or cupcakes! Fruit just happens to have other health benefits!
    Wrong... sugar in fruit (naturally occuring sugar) is called Fructose and doesnt leave a blood sugar spike and burns over a few hours. Sugar in sweets - Sucrose - gives you a sharp high sugar burst followed by a sugar slump leaving you feeling down. There's a massive difference.
    \

Fruit contains fructose, sucrose and glucose - the amounts vary depending on the type of fruit.
  • ohsweetcalamity
    ohsweetcalamity Posts: 78 Member
    Add it! Add everything! Letting foods slide is a bad habit, and tough to break. There are some foods that don't make a real difference-- I defy anyone here to eat enough lettuce or spinach to gain weight. But tomatoes, onions, peppers, melons, berries.... all these tasty treats DO have significant amounts of sugar/carbohydrate and high enough cals to make a difference. Example: I love strawberries. Those little pint containers they sell always look like a single serving to me. What could be better than a box of sunny berries??? But in that pint (usually 12-14 strawberries) there are about 115 calories, and almost 30g of carbs. Your body will thank you for the vitamins and minerals in these tasty jewels, but the calories and carbs are no different than a kids-size order of fries from McDonalds.
  • lala40217
    lala40217 Posts: 60 Member
    i'm not to concerned about adding my lettuce... baby spinach... mushrooms. fruit is a diff story. i just dont eat lots of fruit each day. you gotta have some fresh fruit, but not lots. to many calories.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    If you eat it , LOG IT!!! :smile: