Will I really lose on 1200 a day?

Options
13»

Replies

• rachledezjones
    rachledezjones Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone - have eaten 1200 yesterday and on my way to it again today. Won't be eating back my exercise cals tho - is that ok? x
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone - have eaten 1200 yesterday and on my way to it again today. Won't be eating back my exercise cals tho - is that ok? x

1200 is the minimum NET so you should be eating back your exercise calories-I'd say to eat at least half if you're uncomfortable with eating all of them right now.
  • Marlei5610
    Marlei5610 Posts: 16
    Options

I think your net calories should be no lower than 1200 (even that seems low). Therefore, if you're burning 300 calories exercising, then you should aim for at least 1500 food calories. You want steady, long term weight loss, not fast short term weight loss which will result in you struggling to keep your weight down later in life. Take it from one who knows.
  • amarige55
    amarige55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The human body is not designed to survive successfully on 900 calories a day. 1200 is even low so yes, you should lose. For me to maintain my weight (which is too high right now) I could eat 1800 to 2100 calories a day, so dropping to 1200 is definitely going to help me. In the scheme of things, 1200 is not alot of calories!