P90x for women?

Options
Hi, I wanted to know if there are any ladies out there using p90x? I want a really intense workout, but I dont want something that will bulk me up. I was doing strength training at the gym for an hour a day and I was starting to bulk up pretty bad. If you have used it let me know what your feelings on it are. Also can you get it anywhere for less than $120 cause that's a little bit ridiculous.:noway: Thanks.

Replies

• TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm doing P90X and I love it. I've built lots of upper body strength, and I'm not bulky. All of the women I've seen (including many on here) have had amazing results and still look feminine. I would definately recommend it.

As for buying it somewhere else, I don't really suggest it. You could try, but you could also get ripped off.
    Plus, these workouts are on average 1 hour long each. You're getting 9 dvds (plus a 15 minute ab workout.) Most workout dvds are 15 bucks. You're getting your moneys worth.
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm doing P90X and I love it. I've built lots of upper body strength, and I'm not bulky. All of the women I've seen (including many on here) have had amazing results and still look feminine. I would definately recommend it.

As for buying it somewhere else, I don't really suggest it. You could try, but you could also get ripped off.
    Plus, these workouts are on average 1 hour long each. You're getting 9 dvds (plus a 15 minute ab workout.) Most workout dvds are 15 bucks. You're getting your moneys worth.

I totally agree with both! I love P90X, and have not gotten bulky at all after doing several rounds of it. I also completely agree that you shouldn't buy it elsewhere. Good luck - you'll love it!
  • samwal81
    Options
    I love P90X! I am almost done with my first round. I have lost a total of 11.5 inches in 60 days. I haven't bulked up but I can definitely see some muscle starting to poke through the fat.

There are different versions of P90X, lean, classic, and doubles. The lean version has an extra day of cardio, whereas the classic
    version has an extra day of weights/resistance training. If you are really worried about bulking up you could do the lean version.

I did not buy mine from beachbody. I have seen it for sale on ebay for cheaper. If you do go that route I would make sure the seller is from the US and it says something about it being used once or twice. That usually tells you they bought it and didn't do it so they are selling it.
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am doing P90X as well and love it! I've never gotten these results doing anything else. I tend to have a lot of muscle and put on muscle easy but I haven't not bulked up at all.

If you interested in trying it out I would be happy to answer any questions you may have!
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 10th week of my 5th round. I was using 20lb weights for my biceps this morning, and I'm not the least bit bulky.

Don't buy it from anywhere besides Beachbody or a Beachbody Coach. $120 for 12 dvds is pretty cheap, if you ask me. Cheaper copies sold on ebay or craigslist are generally pirated. And if everyone bought a pirated copy, Beachbody would go out of business and we wouldn't have their wonderful workouts or support.

Feel free to send me a message if you have questions!
  • meglide
    meglide Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm not a woman so I can't speak to the "bulking up" issue firsthand, but I've been part of the "Beachbody (makers of P90X) community" for a while and have never heard of or seen women that did P90X and "bulked up."

Also just for the record, I have my copy of the program in my hands and it is 13 DVDs (12 workout DVDs and one introduction DVD). The program also includes a fitness guide which describes how to use the program (lean, classic, doubles, etc.), describes every move in every workout in pretty good detail and it comes with a nutrition guide that describes exactly what and how to eat for each of the three 30-day phases.

As to buying off Ebay and the like, I know some people that have done just fine with that. My wife and I did have a very bad experience with that. We found some guy who said he used the program but was done and wanted to sell his used copy on Ebay. Photo looked like he was offering the real thing, so we bought it. When it arrived it was set of bootlegged DVDs that he had copied. We reported him to Ebay and wound up sending the copies along with his name and address to the Beachbody corporate lawyer. Lost our money on that deal and bought a new copy directly from Beachbody.

Now my wife is a coach with them and we've probably bought 2-3 copies and given them to personal friends of ours. That's how much we believe in the product.

Mike