How can I tell if I'm loosing muscle or fat?

Options
I have lost 10lbs, but haven't lost inches yet. I'm just worried that I'm doing something wrong since most people lose inches before fat. Thank you!

Replies

• kailaguenther
    kailaguenther Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    It will come in time.

Do you lift weights....if you can increase or at least maintain your strength in your current lifts then your body will have to hold on to the muscle it has currently....with sufficient protein intake of course.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    you may be losing fat from somewhere that you're not measuring inches, e.g. back fat, facial chubbiness. Look for visual changes in the mirror, not just the tape measure. taking pictures of yourself to compare e.g. 1 month later can be a good tool to see if you're progressing.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I lost weight before I lost inches. If you're worried about retaining muscle, start some lifting to retain it as well as you can, then you should start seeing those measurements change.
  • marinweb
    marinweb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Measure other areas and it should give you an idea eg. Arms, thighs, hips+waist, etc.
    Hendrix is right, be patient. Eat well and exercise....the results will come in time.