New-Found Motivation - is it wrong?

Options
So i started this whole weight loss journey cause after being with my BF for about 5 years now - I just got totally comfortable and gained about 60 pounds since we've been dating....so here I am, trying to get myself back to/if not better shape than when we first started dating - that's my goal.

I have had issues lately with motivation, and I think I had a bit of a revelation this weekend...

I recently bought the '50 Shades of Grey' book (...i know...lol) and as the 'love' story unfolds between the two main characters, it very much reminded of my boyfriend and myself when we first started dating....seriously, we couldn't keep our hands off each other & were drawn to be with each other ALL the time just cause - you know - new love...

I am very grateful he's never EVER said that I was unattractive or undesired - he actually gets really upset anytime I'm upset about my figure or weight.

The book did make me realize how much I miss the 'can't keep his hands off me' feeling. I know we've been together for a while now, but we've never lost the 'I want to just be around you' all the time feeling.

It makes me wonder if he only enjoy's sex now cause its sex - cause the *spark* isnt there anymore like it was....

So My new Goal: make it so he can't keep his hand off me!

Is that bad? lol

Replies

• SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I think it's great! sounds like a fun motivation to me. Have fun!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Hell no that is not bad!

I actually felt the same way about the books... it reminded me of our early days. After completing the books we are back to where we started... only we are really good at it now ;) Enjoy your journey~
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I think that's great motivation! And you have an amazing boyfriend :)
  • Minnie92x
    Minnie92x Posts: 107
    Options
    Thats a great goal! ;)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    No, that's a great motivator.
    When I was fat, my wife answered a question I asked honestly.
    She was NOT attracted to me fat.
    OUCH!
    That was part of my motivation.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Run with it. :devil:
  • annamc18
    annamc18 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    well thanks! That certainly makes me feel better :bigsmile:
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Nope as long as that motivation will keep you going I say go for it...
  • HerbT51
    HerbT51 Posts: 36
    Options
    Any form of motivation is good motivation. However, I hope you are not setting yourself up for disappointment. The "can't keep our hands off each other" phase does fade with time. As long as you both still want to be with each other all the time, your relationship is normal.
    If you sucessfully lose the amount you wish and things remain as they now are, that is not failure. It is just the mormal progression of a relationship.
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    I say it a motivator is a motivator..besides, the results will be fun.
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    sounds a pretty good reason to me :) and by the sounds of it you love each other already so this can only be a an extra bonus (and think of the calories you'll burn too :smokin: )
  • jillian2315
    jillian2315 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :o I just had the same revelation. Now if only I could get my man to work out too so he can lose his 20lb "5 year comfortable" weight. Keep it up!
  • dziningme
    dziningme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! And maybe you can make a trip to Victoria's Secret as you reach your "mini" goals! :)
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    great goal!!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I think that is awesome!
  • njgal35
    njgal35 Posts: 28
    Options
    great goal. It makes working out more fun.
  • annamc18
    annamc18 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! And maybe you can make a trip to Victoria's Secret as you reach your "mini" goals! :)

Thats a great idea...he's always asked me to wear some lingerie but i've always been too self conscious to - even when I was skinny back in the day (and thought I was fat then...pfft lol)

I'll keep that in mind :tongue: