Spin shoes?

Options
Hello! :)

I've been doing spin for a while now and LOVE it. I've been told by a few people that having spin shoes makes a huge difference in the workout. Does anybody use them? And if so can you recommend a good brand?

Thanks!

Replies

• CycleFlow
    CycleFlow Posts: 55
    Options
    Go to any cycling store and they will help you out..
    The nice thing about indoor cycling shoes is that they never go outside, so you dont have to worry about them wearing out.
    Their price ranges are INSANE from 80$ up to 200$ plus.

I honestly cant think of brands off the top of my head but I teach cycling indoors, bought 90$ shoes 2 years ago and they are still great and look like new.

They make a ton of difference both in your pedal stroke and the amount of reisistance you can take. You will find that you feel stronger. You will also be able to better use the back of your pedal stroke, and pull up on the pedal without falling out of the clip. Way better for training.
    When you get them your legs my feel a little more tired than normal,or have muslce sorenes you dont normally have. That is just because you are recriuting more muscles and using them more effectively.

happy cycling!
  • chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options
    first: ask the spin instructor what type of clips your spin bike pedals have on them. Clipless shoes (as they're called) have different soles and different systems. Most likely, it will be SPD or some related kind. But road cleats are different from mtn bike cleats. Sidi makes great shoes, particularly if you are thinking of getting off the spin bike and onto a road bike.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    performance bike usually has cheap cleats. Get walkable shoes. Make sure you get the right cleats.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I do x-bike classes, I don't have spin shoes yet but the class instructor recommended them. She also advised that they did stock them in Aldi for quite a reasonable price (UK).
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    YES! They make a huge difference. I bought mine at sports chalet. Make sure you try them on and have them put the clips on for you.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    you can push and pull wearing cleats huge difference .......
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KeepingUpWithKiki
    KeepingUpWithKiki Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    thanks for your input guys :) i'm definitely going this weekend to grab some