What are you basing your weight goals on?

Options

Replies

• ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    I'm basing mine on a previous weight, where I was at the height of my physical fitness. I was 19 at the time and I realize my body had changed since then, so if I'm within 10 pounds and feel comfortable, I'll be ok.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Healthy BMI, I guess. Idk, at 5'3" I could probably stand to be shooting for 110 or so, but I want to have a fair bit of curve to me even after the rolls are all gone, so there you have it.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Past weight.. when i felt good about how i looked.

except i'm not quite there yet, but i'm feeling pretty good as it is... :)
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I used a site called mybodygallery.com.

I had an idea of what I would like myself to look like but I had no idea what weight that was. On that site you search a height, weight and body type and a bunch of pics that people put up with those criteria come up.

I also use that site to try and see what others might be seeing when they look at me. Sometimes I see myself a lot bigger than I actually am, so it helps with that...
  • SuziQueue
    SuziQueue Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I based mine on the weight that I felt and looked the best in the past.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    The scale and measurements, which is why I'm frustrated because it's been going really slow lately. I guess BMI too. >.>
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Check this site out http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/ you need your body fat % to calculate your ideal weight Use this link to figure that out http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/ It will give your ideal body weight based on body fat %.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal weight number. The 130 on my ticker is just a number I picked so I'd have one on the ticker to show progress.
    I eat 1200 calories, and I eat back my exercise calories too. I usually exercise at least an hour daily, often more.
    I won't eat less or exercise more.
    So, I'll just see where I wind up! ( I can always re-evaluate later.):happy:
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    psychological, medical, historical, and .... societal(*?) .. lol let me explain

goal 1 - UNDER 200 - psychologically big deal for me
    goal 2 - under 196 - classed as overweight
    goal 3 - under 160somthing - classed as "normal"
    goal 4 - 135-150 - to be the right weight for my body and height
    goal 5 - strengthen, tone, and lose whatever last few lbs - to be the right actual size and look that I want.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I base on what I weighted before I gain.

at 5'4" 3/4, I always weighted 120 to 130 lb..... And I thought I was fat when I was a teen... woah! Kept this weight until 25 years old (now 33)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Checked bodyfat with calipers and some online calculators, set a goal of 20% and picked a weight that let me get there.

Will have it checked professionally when I'm within 10 lbs of goal to make sure I'm on the right track.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    It's the weight where I felt happiest and looked my best a few years ago before my binge eating got out of control. Although I have since gained some muscle mass so I'd probably be happy with 5-10 lbs heavier too.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Mine was 130 lbs. Now that I'm pretty much there, don't have a goal weight just a goal look, I guess.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    on how much I used to weigh...like 10 years ago.
  • MostMidgetlegs
    MostMidgetlegs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In the end, I think 19% body fat is what I'm striving for. My first goal is to reach 180 lbs. though. I've always had that as a milestone number for me.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    There are many ways to get ideal weight ranges, but this calculator shows all the formula results and charts. Just plug in the info to get the normal ranges for all formulas and decide on a weight that you would like that exists between the min's and maxs. I would also look at your normal body build (small frame, medium frame, large frame( to decide to go low or high on those ranges.)

Cheers! =P

http://www.calculator.net/ideal-weight-calculator.html

Wow... the low end of this calculator gave me 110 pounds, and the HIGH end gave me 123.5! I was in 4th grade the last time I weighed that.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Basing my goal weight on the last time I was happy.
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    Celebrities and past weights.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I'm basing it on the weight I was when I last felt comfortable in my skin.

That said, my goal is not a hard and fast one.
  • imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I base my on BMI.
    When I started dieting my BMI was 31.9- my goal was to be udner 30 then.
    Next I set my goal for under 27.5
    and then I set myself a weight goal 'to be comfortable' under a BMI 25. My BMI is now 24.3, and I still have 4 pounds to go. This will allow me to be flexible with my weight by about 7 pounds (for those All Inclusive holidays) without worrying about going over a BMI of 25 again.

Some people don't rate BMi, but I think it is a good enough indicator.