Is it normal to ache after 30DS?

Options
So im on day 2 level 1 and my arms are killing me the thing that concerns me more though is my knee pain :( is this normal will it get better or am I doing something wrong? I DO NOT do the jumping jacks but I do everything else I tore my miniscus a year ago and im weary with the jumping that is why I dont do the jacks. Im wondering if it is just my legs getting used to the squats and lunges?

Replies

• haku23
    haku23 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I actually have the same problem and I think that it's just your body getting used to it however if it persists much longer I would get it checked out. For me both of my knees ached like crazy after day one but now I'm on day three and it's only my left one has any sort of ache to it but only while doing the exercises; it's fine afterwards. Though I have to admit I took a break between day one and day two that lasted about 1.5 days so that may have helped-your muscles need time to recover after all!

Apparently 30DS isn't very good for people with bad knees so that's something to consider as well.
  • linnealavell
    Options
    I was very sore the day after my first 30DS. It was muscle aches so I am giving my body a couple days to recover before I try it again.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    My muscles were sore while I did the 30DS. However, joint pain should be addressed. If it's minor, I would not be too stressed and work around it, but if it keeps you from doing a lot of the moves then I would see a doctor.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Be very careful with your knee - when I did the 30 Day Shred (and was over 200lbs.) I started having knee pain, stupidly ignored it and kept going for about 9 days. Worst decision ever because I ended up with tendonitis so bad in my knee that I couldn't walk for 2 weeks and am now prone to knee problems. However, being sore from the workout itself is normal and it'll take a about a week to go from "OMG, I want to die" sore to "That was a good workout" sore.
  • princessruns
    princessruns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i was the most sore the first 3-4 days and then it started to subside. I am into Day 3 of Level 2 and have had new pains this level, but feel them subsiding already again.
  • Shrinking_Stacey
    Options
    So im on day 2 level 1 and my arms are killing me the thing that concerns me more though is my knee pain :( is this normal will it get better or am I doing something wrong? I DO NOT do the jumping jacks but I do everything else I tore my miniscus a year ago and im weary with the jumping that is why I dont do the jacks. Im wondering if it is just my legs getting used to the squats and lunges?

Don't be afraid of a little pain or discomfort. It should only be tempoary & learning to embrace it and work through it can be quit fullfilling. I have found that pain can be a precursor to pleasure. Good luck & DONT STOP. Even if you have to crawl, DONT STOP. <3
  • fitmommy75
    fitmommy75 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I remember when I first started the 30DS I hurt for a week. My pain was not knee related though, just unbelievably sore. I might rest a couple of days and see if your knee pain improves. If not, a doc visit may be needed.