Exercise with bad knees... ideas??

Options
My family have recently become quite exercise prone, however my mum has bad knees which get stiff and hurt when she walks around for too long. I know she wants to join in the exercise but she can't really go on power walks or jogs.

Can anyone recommend exercise which would benefit her and maybe even help her knees?

Thanks!

Replies

• thinnnnnnner
    Options
    Walking in a pool is super low impact on leg joints. You could even do some aquasize which is super fun!
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Walking in a pool is super low impact on leg joints. You could even do some aquasize which is super fun!

If you are a gym member see if they have any water classes. They are wonderful and you burn more calories and fat then you think! It is also really good for anyone with bad joints!
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    It's true, since you're in the water you don't notice yourself sweating but it's a full body workout!
  • stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    Your mothers knee problem is an oxygen deficiency, fix the deficiency and the problem goes away!
  • Lorikae
    Lorikae Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks to both of you, I'll try that out with my mum, she does like to swim!
  • christinastokes3
    christinastokes3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Exercise bikes , recumbent bikes are very easy on the legs.