I did not "lose" weight... I got rid of it...

Options
When I hear the words lost, lose, losing... it usually means I want it back.

I lost my dog, can you help my find him?
I am losing my hair, now I need a wig.

And so many more examples. So when I say, I have lost 27 pounds or I still need to lose 20 more pounds. I try and reword it.
I have worked off 27 pounds by changing my eating habits and exercising. I still need to get rid 20 more pounds.

Weight is not something I want to find again, once it is gone I want it to stay gone.
I know I will still continue to say I lost weight, or I am losing weight, or I want to lose more weight... but I do not want it to come back
:)
Just a thought...

Replies

• imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    hear hear!
  • RainaWalks
    RainaWalks Posts: 72
    Options
    i hear you....maybe they say 'lose' because it is so quick to come back home....
    i lost a heck of a lot and thought i'd made it...but now i have to 'lose' it again....
    would love to get rid of it...like you say...and have it be out of my life moving forward...

....as the other lady said...here, here....
  • myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Great use of language and I totally agree. I had a trainer once that would never use the word "lose" but used "release" instead. That way it is understood that you are letting go of something you don't need any more. Like when your parent "releases" the back of the bicycle and you can actually stay upright and pedal all on your own. :)
  • rwisner
    rwisner Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you!