Do you have a good HRM?

Options
Any suggestions for a good heart rate monitor? I'm sure in most cases the more expensive, the more accurate, but I'm not trying to break the bank :)

Thanks!

Replies

• derrickhuynh
    Options
    The more expensive a heart rate monitor does not necessarily mean the better. The more expensive usually means more features, features that you probably wlil not use.

I personally use the Polar FT7, I got it off Amazon for about 80 bucks. It has you input your age, weight, height and you wear a chest strap that monitors your heart rate during workout and calculates an estimate calorie burn during your workout session.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 - pretty much same features as listed above with the Polar. I was looking a deal on either one, and turned to eBay. Looked for auctions for new items, and sellers who would take a return in case there was something wrong with the HRM. The New Balance came up first, so that's what I got - $26, brand new, works great. They run about $70 in the stores.

Search the forums here - heaps of info on this topic. Narrow choices here and then check all the customer reviews for those items on Amazon - also very helpful in making a decision.
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    I bought a polar rs300x on ebay for $100.
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft7. works good except calories count seems inaccurate. i think the only difference is bells and whistles and really all you need is to know basic stats that all of them give at the end. i love mine. it has really added a lot to my workouts and fitness level.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I have a polar FT4 It was ab $90 from best buy. I love it. Anything Polar will b a good choice imo
  • desireedare
    Options
    I also use the Polar FT4... $89 at Sports Authority