Don't have the motivation

Options
I WANT to work out but I have no alone time. I hate working out in fromt of people because it makes me nervous. any suggestions?

Replies

• matt_h76
    matt_h76 Posts: 39
    Options
    I workout in my garage at home. Saves so much money. Motivation wise I think it is hard to begin with. But once you get into a routine it becomes addictive. I personally bought a cheap set of dumbells and barbell ..didn't really know what I was doing when I first started but looked up and researched on the internet about which exercises I could do and composed a certain routine - like bicep curls, overhead shoulder press, push ups etc - normally five or so different exercises, just keeping it simple, and once I started doing it three times a week, after the first couple of weeks, my motivation levels increased. It's just getting through the first couple of weeks which is hard though. Good luck with it :) Oh and lift heavy with low reps.. far more addictive and you burn twice the amount of calories and achieve results a lot more quickly :)
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    ^Agreed!
    I have dumbells at home and google can give you a million+ workout ideas and reps that do not involve equipment.
    And if people make you that nervous... even if you lock yourself in the bathroom for your morning routine and do wall chairs while you brush your teeth and a 25 crunches, etc you will be squeezing in a few precious moments of exercise. Do 100 calf raises in the shower too!
    Get creative, you will figure out something that works for you!

Good luck!
  • Carol7Jean
    Carol7Jean Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I have had so many up and down experiences with my fitness :indifferent: I just want to get in the routine of things