Help with TurboFire

Options
Day 1 of TurboFire! Getting ready to start, but have a few questions first. How do I log it as exercise? And how many calories will I burn? I don't have any fancy gadgets so if anyone knows please let me know! Thanks!

Replies

• jsagagon
    jsagagon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can find it under cardio as Kickboxing (including Turbo Jam). The amount of calories you will burn depends on you height, weight, and exertion, but MFP will estimate that for you. Good luck!
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Have fun with the program.... I loved every minute of it! I lost nearly 20 lbs and had a blast with it. I plan to return to the program once I've finished up Insanity. Just watch your nutrition and you'll be blown away buy the results :)
    Good luck
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think MFP has good estimates. I have a heart rate monitor that I use to count my calories for me. I got it from Target but I am sure Walmart probably has them as well which can be a little cheaper. It is just a tad more accurate than MFP. I found that I burn about 10 calories a minute on Turbofire, but like others have said it does depend upon your age and weight.
  • leenabeana1
    Options
    Well I tried today but had to re watch it 2x just to do maybe 10 min. Not because I was wore out, because I can't get the moves down! I was upset with myself, but I think pratice is what's gonna do it! I won't give up its just gonna take me a while longer and ill still have to my normal workout on top of the half attempt at TurboFire! Anyone else have that problem?
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Well I tried today but had to re watch it 2x just to do maybe 10 min. Not because I was wore out, because I can't get the moves down! I was upset with myself, but I think pratice is what's gonna do it! I won't give up its just gonna take me a while longer and ill still have to my normal workout on top of the half attempt at TurboFire! Anyone else have that problem?

On my first day - I felt like the most uncoordinated bull in the china shop. It was ridiculous. Ridiculous.

Day 2 was a smidge better... and it continued to get better and better. I did the "new to class" option for a good 2 1/2 weeks. Now I jump right in - and I still get a little twisted around once in awhile, but nothing I can't iron out in a move or two.

Stick with it - you'll catch on quickly!
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Same here... I looked like a total fool for at least 2.5 - 3 weeks. I felt completely comfortable sometime in month two. Even if you're just moving around trying to get the moves right you will still work up a good sweat... so keep at it :)
  • karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Love...Love Turbo Kick...It is changing my life:)
  • rn2be_2013
    rn2be_2013 Posts: 16
    Options
    I had to do the break down portion multiple times to get the moves down. I definitely feel like a klutz when I do them!
  • leenabeana1
    Options
    Day 2! I think I did better? I did the HIIT dvd almost all the way through! Not move for move but I worked up a dripping sweat!!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    You will get the hang of it, I loved it and had great results. I always used my bodybugg in the past and burnt about 10 calories a minute, but when I used my HRM it said 800 for a 55 minute workout! I would personally go with aerobics high impact as I feel that kickboxing one has too high of a burn...btw I currently weight 175.
  • b_fit4life
    b_fit4life Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do the moves perfectly, you just need to do your best and KEEP MOVING! You'll do great!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

A lot of ppl have a hard time with the choreography. You're working out at home and nobody's watching so just keep moving when you mess up the moves. After you do it each time you will get better with the choreography. I only have Greatest HIITs and I mess up all the time b/c I've only done it a few times around my current program and Chalene says to just keep moving/jumping if you mess up the footwork...and I end up laughing hysterically at myself and feeling completely uncoordinated but I'm having fun and that's the point! Add me if you need encouragement. JUST KEEP TRYING!!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I had trouble with the moves at first too... What I did was turn the DVD on when I wasn't trying to work out and look at how she was doing the moves.. It does get a little easier each time!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Ditto jsagagon on how to log it.

And, yeah, there's not a whole lot of pre-instruction, even with the new to class versions. I had been taking TurboKick classes at the gym for a while before getting TurboFire, so I was able to jump right in, but if you've never done that or TurboJam before, I would think there's a steep learning curve!
  • leenabeana1
    Options
    Are you spose to do it everyday? Today I woke up and my inner thighs are really sore! I was thinking of just using the resistance band and do some toning?
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Are you spose to do it everyday? Today I woke up and my inner thighs are really sore! I was thinking of just using the resistance band and do some toning?

Do you have the schedule? Day 3 is a rest day. Here is a site with the schedule.
    http://www.extremely-fit.com/downloads/turbo-fire-workout-calendar-color.pdf
  • b_fit4life
    b_fit4life Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Do you have the schedule? Day 3 is a rest day. Here is a site with the schedule.
    http://www.extremely-fit.com/downloads/turbo-fire-workout-calendar-color.pdf

^^^THIS The schedule is IMMENSELY (sp?) helpful!
  • leenabeana1
    Options
    Thanks I downloaded it:) I'm making Sundays my rest day, since it is family day.