lunch ideas - Please!??!

Options
pmkelly409
pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
I need a good lunch idea today! something tasty, my taste buds have been deprived the last few days.

I am right next door to a grocery store and would like to not eat a salad for the hundreth day in a row. I have NO access to any type of cooking device tho....

Any suggestions?

Replies

• pmkelly409
    Options
    I need a good lunch idea today! something tasty, my taste buds have been deprived the last few days.

I am right next door to a grocery store and would like to not eat a salad for the hundreth day in a row. I have NO access to any type of cooking device tho....

Any suggestions?
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Not even a microwave?????!

Well, I would say try to find some Bumblebee flavored tuna (190 cals), stick it in a pita pocket (around 90 cals) with some yummy veggies (of course put some Laughing Cow in the pita pocket first :smile: ) and yum yum yum. I particularly like the Bumblebee Spicy Thai Chili but watch out! It is pretty spicy.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Does it have a deli? Maybe a fresh sandwich on wheat bread? Or a rotisserie chicken w/the skin off??

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Turkey sandwich on light bread with light provolone cheese. Put lots of veggies (lettuce, tomato, sprouts, etc) on the sandwich, skip the mayo. Have some tasty fruit along with it! Tasty...but good for you!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I like making sandwiches to take to work or school.... then i add my fresh veggies i either use pita or whole wheat deligtful sara lee bread... Also u can make up some tuna with some lo cal mayo or even mustard. I also enjoy a cup of grapes ( or whatever fruit you like) and some fresh veggies... GOOD LUCK :flowerforyou:
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the frozen Dole mixed fruit. The mixture contains sliced peaches, whole strawberries, large chunks of fresh pineapple, honeydew melon and red grapes. 1/2 cup has 60 cals. I sprinkle a bit of vanilla splenda over the frozen fruit and let it sit in the fridge til lunchtime. It is almost like eating ice cream with it still slightly frozen. I eat the fruit along with a large salad made of baby spinach, some low fat deli turkey slices and a South Beach Multi-Grain wrap. I use either the Newman's spray salad dressing or Wishbone. The total cals (including the dressing) equals approx 190! Pretty low for a large complete lunch. I eat this almost everyday. Easy to fix in the am before work !

Hope this helps.
    Kell
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    You know what is really good and pretty much ready made? The South Beach Diet Southwest Chicken Salad Kit. It is REALLY good and super filling. Comes with everything you need. Even a little jello for dessert which is included in the calories. They are normally in the area where the lunchables are.

That or if you like sushi and your grocery store has a sushi station, get some of that!! :)
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I am a huge supporter of sandwiches, pitas and wraps. I hate eating salad....bleck. Keep "dressing" type stuff to a bare if non-existent minimum. Also, load on the veggies ( I typically don't have time to) it makes the sandwich sooo much more satisfying. Especially if you have a hard time eating all your calories. Soups are also a great option, I like to make mine from scratch, careful if you buy it though salt, fat, etc add up quick especially if you don't keep an eye on servign size.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    :love:

Sushi!!! California roll, contains no raw fish...fills you up...add a tad of the hot stuff and soy sauce for flavor. YUM! I had that yesterday. DELISH!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    You guys ROCK! thanks for all the great ideas!!

I am off to the store now to see what their deli has to offer!

:flowerforyou:
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Tamin -

Wow!! You can really see the weight loss in your face... your hard work is really paying off!
  • Tgeorge
    Tgeorge Posts: 49
    Options
    my new favorite lunch is the south beach wraps- they are great tasting and you can assmeble in the box and use it as a plate. Two chicken wraps and SF jello. Calories are 220-240 depending on your flavor choice.. I love the chinese chicken and southwest flavors the best. They really fill you up!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    my new favorite lunch is the south beach wraps- they are great tasting and you can assmeble in the box and use it as a plate. Two chicken wraps and SF jello. Calories are 220-240 depending on your flavor choice.. I love the chinese chicken and southwest flavors the best. They really fill you up!

I love those SB diet kits too! The SW chicken salad is fantastic! Comes with these spicy little pita crisps, the salad and the jello.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Tamin -

Wow!! You can really see the weight loss in your face... your hard work is really paying off!

Thanks!! I am getting such a nice response to my new pic!!! I think sometimes the weight comes off slowly and then certain areas suddenly look different! I think my face is really at that changing point right now.
  • pmkelly409
    Options

I love those SB diet kits too! The SW chicken salad is fantastic! Comes with these spicy little pita crisps, the salad and the jello.

I did go for the SB Wraps and some fresh fruit from the salad bar. All they had was the turkey/bacon wrap - so I made it without the bacon (just not a fan of bacon - real or fake)

BUT I did find these little treats instead - Quaker Mini Delites Chocolately Mint!! Yum 90 calories! So I figured one bag of those should equate to the bacon I didn't eat.