is it possible to loose 100 pounds in 20 months?

Options

Replies

• BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Most def.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am up to 106 in 8 months. It is a lot of work and very strict dedication. You have to get calories just right, not too high or low and you can't cheat.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I lost about 75 pounds the first year but alot of inches and my BF% really changed then about 30 the next year and about 25 a year after that till now started out I walked a block at a time now its 4 miles or so a day
    You can do it I set smaller goals but my overall goal was always in my mind to lose at least half of my body weight now its 150 down about 35 to go
    People are starting to ask if I hit 185 pounds lost will I go for 200
    cant say but I know I always had a big goal in mind
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can do it. Decide to, and stick to it. You will do great =)
  • fishiesintheseaa
    fishiesintheseaa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    In the past when I've given myself "BIG" goals, I've always gotten stuck on that and gotten tripped up and frustrated, because that goal feels SO far away! Give yourself small mini goals and work towards those, with 100 lbs being your end goal! It will keep you motivated!

I agree with this. In the past, I've wanted to lose x amount of weight in x amount of time, but because I felt like I had sooo much time, I'd never get started and the time would slip right though my fingers. What I have done now is made a list of mini goals (3-5 pounds at a time) and rewards for myself when I reach these mini goals (a manicure, a new lipstick, a massage). I think that makes the larger goal seem less daunting. Good luck!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Been there... Done that... In 11 months and ran a marathon to boot!

It largely depends on you having the willpower to do it!
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Probably but you DON'T WANT to go to your 10 year highschool reunion, TRUST ME. (2 years past that)
  • cavegrl140
    cavegrl140 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi guys!
    My 10 year high school reunion is exactly 2 years from now. I would really love to loose 100 pounds by then. Do you guys think this goal is realistic?

Absolutely. I lost 150 in 14 months, and I helped a girl lose 110 lbs in 12 months. But you have to be dedicated and extremely driven to have results like that.

AMAZING! You look incredible, and I am so happy to see your ticker say you've reached your goal! How awesome for you and how awesome that you were willing to help out another person along your journey! Kudos to you!
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    You can totally do it! Dedicate yourself and push yourself every single day and you will get the results your looking for :)
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Yes it is. I started on Sept. 21, 2010, got pregnant in March after losing 80 pounds, had my bundle of joy in December and I am nearing 100 pounds and it will be 18 months next month since I started on here. It is very possible but you have to have a lot of patience and dedication. Good luck with your journey :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Well, a typical arrow is 400 grains, which is about .05 lbs each, so 20 per pound, and 2000 in total. Say you loose 12 arrows a minute, that's 167 minutes, so a bit less than three hours. Of course, that's taxing work, very tiring, so you may need longer, but I'd say it could be done in a day.

I'm sorry, that was silly.

You absolutely can! 20 months = 80 weeks, 100 lbs / 80 weeks = 1.25 lb loss per week needed. Very attainable!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Yes, but you should probably rethink your reasons for losing weight.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    If your morbidly obese then that is very much attainable however if you're just overweight then I don't think that is realistic enough. In my case, it took me 3 years or 36 months to lose those 22 kilos or 50 pounds.
  • baddkitty187
    baddkitty187 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Consuming 1275-1300 calories a day and burning 1000-1400 calories a day I lost 104 lbs in 6 months, gained 25 back but maintaining it :)
  • baddkitty187
    baddkitty187 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm a living witness b/c I did it in less than 6 months. No yo yo diets or carb cutting. Didn't run 20 miles a day. When I was 300 lbs, I ate 1 huge meal a day. Once I calculated my daily calorie needs, I broke them down and measured what I needed to eat every 4 hours. Once I got used to eating the small portions, the weight started dropping. I walked a few miles each day and also did resistance training 3 days a week for 30 minutes. Once I got comfortable with my routine, I would do early morning cardio on an empty stomach for @ 30 minutes. I ate measure portions every 3/4 hours. On lifting days I would hit the weights for 30 minutes followed immediately by 20 min of cardio. It was all about the nutrition and eating when my body needed cals, not when my brain thought I was hungry.

This is almost exactly what I did with the constant metabolism stimulation but I did an hour of cardio and an hour of calisthenics and strength training every day, often the cardio in the morning on an empty stomach
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. But don't look at the big number... look at one pound at a time honey. Feel free to add me.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I lost 70lbs in 9 months at a rate of 1-2lbs per week and a couple of plateaus along the way...add me if you like! :)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm a living witness b/c I did it in less than 6 months. No yo yo diets or carb cutting. Didn't run 20 miles a day. When I was 300 lbs, I ate 1 huge meal a day. Once I calculated my daily calorie needs, I broke them down and measured what I needed to eat every 4 hours. Once I got used to eating the small portions, the weight started dropping. I walked a few miles each day and also did resistance training 3 days a week for 30 minutes. Once I got comfortable with my routine, I would do early morning cardio on an empty stomach for @ 30 minutes. I ate measure portions every 3/4 hours. On lifting days I would hit the weights for 30 minutes followed immediately by 20 min of cardio. It was all about the nutrition and eating when my body needed cals, not when my brain thought I was hungry.

This is almost exactly what I did with the constant metabolism stimulation but I did an hour of cardio and an hour of calisthenics and strength training every day, often the cardio in the morning on an empty stomach

The metabolism stimulation works don't it? GREAT JOB!! :)
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Lose for yourself- not for a reunion!
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You have gotten some great advice on here....

I would suggest this you make mini goals along the way. Yes you want to lose 100 pounds, but how about focusing on 10 pounds at a time. You may plateau along the way, you may even stumble, but you get up and brush yourself off and move on. It is okay to have cheat days, so you don't feel deprived.

You have a great goal and you have the ability to do this for you...Every 25 pounds I will go out and buy me something....non-food, and non clothes (as I have shopped alot for clothes.)

I start my journey on march 3rd, and have lost almost 40 pounds, even if I was to lose 10 more pounds this year, then repeat a 50 pound loss next year that would still make your goal. I have 122 more pounds to lose...

Feel free to add me if you would like.

Most importantly....do this for YOU.... no one else, nor any event.....