I've got a lot to lose

Options
axlm
axlm Posts: 4 Member
Hi everyone, my name is Axl. I'm 23 and I'm currently working on a bachelors degree in computer science/software engineering which I started just last year. I started using myfitnesspal seriously a few days ago, but I signed up about 3 months ago at the request of my older sister. She's lost quite a bit of weight over the past 6 months, and I want to be able to say the same in 6 months. I'm looking for some friends who will keep me motivated to keep logging my weight and calories. I have quite a bit to lose. According to an ideal weight calculator that I found online, for my height and frame size, I need to weigh from 181 to 207 pounds, which means I need to lose from 144 to 170 pounds (If I stay at 2 pounds per week, then I'll be where I want to be on 02-24-2014)

Right now, I'm watching my calories and keeping within the guidelines to lose 2 pounds per week and I'm also walking 2 miles per day at 3 mph when I walk to and from work. I'm also going to start a dedicated aerobic workout based off of the 10 minute workout shown at the hasfit.com beginners workout page.

I could definitely use some motivation/accountability over the next 72 to 85 weeks (and afterwards as well so I don't gain it back) so send me a friend request.

Replies

• AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Axl. I'm 23 and I'm currently working on a bachelors degree in computer science/software engineering which I started just last year. I started using myfitnesspal seriously a few days ago, but I signed up about 3 months ago at the request of my older sister. She's lost quite a bit of weight over the past 6 months, and I want to be able to say the same in 6 months. I'm looking for some friends who will keep me motivated to keep logging my weight and calories. I have quite a bit to lose. According to an ideal weight calculator that I found online, for my height and frame size, I need to weigh from 181 to 207 pounds, which means I need to lose from 144 to 170 pounds (If I stay at 2 pounds per week, then I'll be where I want to be on 02-24-2014)

Right now, I'm watching my calories and keeping within the guidelines to lose 2 pounds per week and I'm also walking 2 miles per day at 3 mph when I walk to and from work. I'm also going to start a dedicated aerobic workout based off of the 10 minute workout shown at the hasfit.com beginners workout page.

I could definitely use some motivation/accountability over the next 72 to 85 weeks (and afterwards as well so I don't gain it back) so send me a friend request.

Woo Good job Axl! Work it Work it!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Do your parents like Guns n Roses?
  • KSmarie333
    KSmarie333 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am really trying to lose a lot of weight too. 100 pounds in a year. I'll be here to support you guys!
  • Roger8086
    Roger8086 Posts: 16
    Options
    You're not the only one, Axl. Oh, and nice avatar; you're certainly in for an adventure like link.:glasses: