40 lbs GONE!

Options
spicypepper
spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
FINALLY! I thought I was going to hang around my plateau for the rest of my LIFE!

Seriously!!!

So, had my 5th child on May 25th and gained just about 60 lbs through that very rough pregnancy (was put on hospital bed rest at 35 weeks and the little man came near the end of my 36th week).

Here is me 3 days after being admitted to Hospital Hotel:

a834b644.jpg

(I was HUGE!!!! Baby was 6.14, I retained a lot of water...)

This is me, today! 40lbs lighter and 19 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight!!!

d91ff1f8.jpg

I need to get a side one uploaded. Still have a little pouch in front, but I'm working on that.

I've been doing Zumba at home on the Wii since June 4th and I've lost over 5" around my waist.

Not quite what I wanted to be at around my 6 week post delivery, but I have to remember that I've carried 5 blessings in this body and I'm no spring chicken anymore either...

Replies

• ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Remember, it took 9 months (or 8 1/2 in your case) to put it on -- so be patient, it will come off! 40 pounds is great in 6 weeks! I too have 5 kids - pregnant every 2 years, always lost the pregnancy weight, but 2 years after #5 was born, I added all that weight on again-- I think my body was just used to being pregnant every 2 years!

If you are looking for more friends -- I'd love to be pals with a fellow mom of many! If not - best wishes on your new lifestyle!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Great progress!!!:flowerforyou:
  • itwasagooddeath
    itwasagooddeath Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Very great progress and thank you for sharing the pics. Keep up the great work!
  • spicypepper
    Options
    Thanks y'all!

Yes, 8.5 months for me, but this the first time after a pregnancy that I want to be fit.

So glad I'm over that plateau!!!!!
  • Cruz2Fit
    Cruz2Fit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    HEY, you are doing FANTASTIC!!! I have been very impressed with the way you handled yourself regarding your fitness commitment from the day you announced your pregnancy to getting right back on the wagon after having your baby. Your commitment inspires me!!!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Wonderful results! Keep at it! You're inspiring!
  • spicypepper
    Options
    Thanks Cruz and Tabitha!
  • 30musha30
    30musha30 Posts: 114
    Options
    big difference, great job!
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Options
    Good for you!!! It's better to get the weight off slowly and before you get pregnant again. I gained 50 lbs with the first child and only lost half then gained the same amount with the second and third. I'm in my 40's know and it is hard trying to lose all this extra weight which i've carried for the past 15 years.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • melann1974
    melann1974 Posts: 84
    Options
    Great job! After I had my son (ages ago), it took me almost a year to even feel like trying to lose weight. Make sure you don't starve yourself and eat enough. You need to make sure you have enough energy to keep up with 5 kids.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I dropped 40 today as well. Not ready to post a pic yet, but I'm getting there!
  • wyomingmama
    wyomingmama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am soooooo excited for you! I just had my thrid 5 months ago and I am just starting in on exercise! I really can't belive the pictues are 6 weeks apart. I really want to have a few more. Please message me or befriend me! I would love to hear the details! Thats like 6 or 7 pounds per week! Really?!!!!

Keep it up! You are an inspiration! :happy:
  • spicypepper
    Options
    Thanks y'all!

I lost the first 30 lbs within 2 weeks, it was water weight from the pregnancy. The next 10 lbs came off in about a month or so. This past week I upped my calories because I had hit a plateau only to FINALLY figure out that I was in starvation mode. My goal is to hit the last 20lbs by my first 3k in September. After that it's another 25lbs by New Years Eve and then I'll reassess.

As for getting knocked up again, This factory has closed the doors permanently! :laugh: 5 kiddos and a rough pregnancy with complications kind of set the pace. :wink: I'll be 40 in 2 years, stick a fork in me I'm done! Ha ha!
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    You're doing great...and looking wonderful...keep up the great work!!
  • spicypepper
    Options
    Thank you!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!