How to log Power 90 into work-out tracker

Options
Any ideas on how I can do this? I am starting the Power 90 program and want to be able to enter my workouts and figure my calorie's burned the best way possible. I have searched the database trying to find some way to enter it, but there is none. Anyone else doing this workout and finding ways to track it?
Thanks!

Replies

• TurningBackTheHandsOfTime
    Options
    If you find out let me know I'm trying to add P90X workouts and have no idea how either...
  • schula10
    schula10 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do p90x and the best I have been told is to 1) get a heart rate monitor fitted to you and use that for accurate calories or 2) figure out the closest workout on here that they have (which is what i do)

for instance, for core synergistics on p90x I use calesthenics and for plyo I use aerobics vigorous effort.

I guess now that I have been working out for awhile, I am able to tell about how many calories I burn (obvioulsy a guesstimate!) and I always "undershoot" so that I know I stay within my calories for the day!

hope this is helpful and good luck with the workouts!!
    Options
    You would think with the popularity of the BeachBody line of exercises they would make a detailed category for those programs, I really like this site but that could be a deal breaker if recording exercises becomes too problematic....
    Options
    I just read that they are considering adding these exercises to the database, let's hope they follow through soon...
  • Evelyn2050
    Evelyn2050 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I bought a heart rate monitor for just this reason. there is no way MFP could possible have every exercise program listed. If you use a HRM it will be your perfect calorie count. Enjoy!! :)
  • sisswright
    sisswright Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitors are great for knowing this. Every body is different and will burn a different amount of calories that's why it would be hard to make a generalization. Plus it's about effort/ weights/ breaks, etc , so many factors go in!! HRM are a great investment!
  • Yankeegirlnj
    Yankeegirlnj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started Power 90 too! I tracked it under the circuit training until my HRM comes in. Hope that helps.
  • dirty_blonde
    dirty_blonde Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM to track cals burnt during exercise. Best way really as MFP calculations are way to high.
    Good luck with Power 90 if you stick with it and eat properly you'll get good results. I lost 32 lbs with it and my husband lost 70!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I do Power 90 and once you enter the exercise into your own personal exercise log it stays there for you to reuse.
    Its not really a big deal to enter it once. I change it up per level I am on.
    I wear a polar ft4 HRM to get a correct as possible calorie burn for my workouts. My HRM can be used in water as well.
  • nostalgicfortune
    Options
    If you find out let me know I'm trying to add P90X workouts and have no idea how either...

p90xcalories.com

:-)

Put in your weight, your intensity, and your video and it'll spit out everything your calories burned
  • MrNoisy
    MrNoisy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Before I got my HRM I used http://p90xcalories.com/ and then manually added in the exercise to MFP. Once it's added it's always there for you to use.

After I got my HRM I compared what it said to what the website was saying I was burning, and they were relatively close based on exertion level. So I think using the site is generally a decent estimation. Not perfect, but alright in the meantime.
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tony1307
    tony1307 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I found this online, it has a calorie burn estimate...
    Exercise Length Est Kilocalories Burned
    Chest and Back 52:50 550
    Plyometrics 58:36 670
    Shoulders and Arms 59:53 620
    Yoga X 92:24 800
    Legs and Back 58:56 600
    Kenpō X 58:46 600
    X Stretch 57:32
    Core Synergistics 57:27 620
    Chest, Shldrs Triceps 55:44 580
    Back and Biceps 51:36 520
    Cardio X doubles 43:18 450
    Ab Ripper X 16:07 150
  • fitgirlsamanthalaine
    Options
    It's been 8 years, and the Beachbody workouts haven't been added. At least not P90, P90x, Beast Mode, etc.