365 days in

Options
irisheyez718
irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
Wow, today makes a whole year since a good friend told me about this website that I might like called My Fitness Pal.
I took a look, never imagining how much it would change my life!
When I first started, I was still at the "The less I eat, the more I'll lose" mentality, and don't get me wrong, that was
working. I can't help but wonder though if I would still be here if I had kept that up. I've tried that kind of "dieting" in
the past, and I would do great for a while, but eventually get tired of it and give up. I started reading the message
boards, and saw people being told that they need to eat MORE, when they were having trouble losing. WHAT?! That sounded
crazy. My great friend that I met here, Crystal, who has successfully lost so much weight told me, its true. I needed to eat more.
I had a hard time with that at first, just wrapping my mind around it, but she kept nudging me, telling me to eat more. :)
Guess what? I still lost weight! Maybe its not as fast as some people would like. I've seen several people that have lost
way more than me in the year that I've been here, but I'm okay with that. Because I'm not done! I'm not anywhere near tired
of this life! I actually took off from probably Thanksgiving to New Years, I think. I gained a few pounds I think, but
nothing crazy, and I got right back on board and took it back off. I've gone on vacation, or holidays and I had what I
wanted and didn't freak out about it. This is our life, we have to enjoy it! I feel SO much better than I did at this time last
year. One of the main things that I wanted to do was go to Six Flags with my daughters and not worry about being "that"
person that would have to get off of the ride because they didn't fit. I've gone twice now and had a blast with no worries!
I go to the gym usually 6 days a week, doing Zumba, strength training, with a bit of cardio on the arc trainer, elliptical, or
treadmill on the strength training days. I feel comfortable there now, I love it!

Anyway, I'm rambling on here I think, I'm not much of a writer :-) I'm not anywhere near done, but I'm down 72.4 pounds from when I started, one year ago
today. Thanks so much to the creators of MFP and to all of the most AWESOME friends that I've made here along the way. You
have made all of the difference in the world!!
Here's some pictures along the way. (hopefully)

Tandjason.jpg Me, around 2 years ago 323 pounds!

227493_10150596021840529_580190528_18475455_4592774_n.jpg Easter 2012 around 300 pounds.

0392.jpg Christmas 2011

Easter2012.jpg Easter 2012

IMG_20120709_173027.jpg Today! 227 pounds

IMG_20120709_175845.jpg Today, July 9th. 207 pounds. On my way to Zumba!

Well, thrilled that I got them to post but not sure how to make them smaller haha

Replies

• HausOfTina
    HausOfTina Posts: 92
    Options
    Congrats girl! You are an inspiration! <3
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :smile: Great job!
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    AWESOME Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great, keep going!!! You're unstoppable :)
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    You my friend are a ROCK STAR!! Thanks for being my friend and an inspiration to many, many others, including myself! Love ya girl! Keep up the great work!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    As your peep I have been blessed to be a part of you journey for the last several months. I have commented daily on your excellent diaries, your countless workouts and your uplifting encouragement and kindness to others. You are an inspiration to say the least, and at times you left me speechless because of all you achieved in one whole day!! I couldn't be prouder of you, ~you look incredible and so happy. I do hope you allow me to follow and cheer you for another 365 days. You are an amazing person and a truly wonderful friend. Thank you Tanya for all your love and support. :flowerforyou: I hope you shine that smile for a very long time...

Leanne (7funnygirl7) ((HUGS))
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Wowza! Keep up the great effort.
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Suziq1023
    Suziq1023 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story and being an inspiration for us.
  • BRANDYGR8MOVES
    BRANDYGR8MOVES Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    congrats thats is truly awesome
  • CarBeanQueen1
    CarBeanQueen1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesooooommmeee!!!!! You are definitely an inspiration... keep it up.
  • joker8945
    joker8945 Posts: 2
    Options
    wow that is amazing. keep up the good work!
  • leighlyn
    leighlyn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    █▀█░ █░░░█░ █▀▀░ ▄▀▀▄░ ▄▀▀▀▄░ █▀▄▀█░ █▀▀
    █▀█░ █░█░█░ █▀░░ ▀▄▄▄░ █░░░█░ █░░░█░ █▀░
    █░█░ ▀▄▀▄▀░ █▄▄░ ▀▄▄▀░ ▀▄▄▄▀░ █░░░█░ █▄▄
    ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░
  • Hayleighs_mom
    Options
    you are absolutly amazing! You look fantastic! Would it be okay if I add you? I would love to get some tips from you to help me on my journey :)
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Your hard work has paid off, great job!!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    OMG, I love the pic of you with Jason Castro from AI!

I loved his performance of "Hallelujah" and downloaded it from YouTube!

You look great! Congrats!
  • Bdh2775
    Bdh2775 Posts: 14
    Options
    thank you sso much for sharing your story..you are awsome!! I can do this :)
  • txladybug41
    txladybug41 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You are doing so awesome. Slow and steady wins that race.. and you are making changes to your body that will maintain. Keep it up.. And come back in another 365 days and post again to show us your progress. So inspirational for us striving to make our goals.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I remember when we first became friends you told me to make sure I ate more. LOL. You're a fantastic inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!