Insanity workout...really work?

Options
ok so I'm thinking about buying the Insanity workout. I've seen some pretty good results on here when searching the forums but I wanted to see if there was anyone that thought it was a waste of money? Does it really work?

Replies

• bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It really works if you stick with the program and eat healthy and ENOUGH!
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes it works. It's not easy but it's worth it.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I actually found it online for free.. If I had the extra money I would pay for it. It is a pain in the *kitten* when it cuts..
    http://healthysexyhappy.tumblr.com/moveyourassnow
  • shirin8
    shirin8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I agree with the prior poster--you get out what you put in. That being said, I LOVE it and am almost done with the program. I went from 160 to 143 with Insanity and MFP plus down 2 sizes. Great work out. Straight forward and worth the money. Good luck!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I bought it not too long ago. I didn't make it through the first week because a close family member had a custody hearing and I was drained after going out of town for it. I started it over though and I'm loving it! I just finished up the second week. I've dropped a pant size and gotten stronger already.

I tried it out online before I bought if. Here is the link if you want to try it:
    http://www.tudou.com/listplay/YD1AVhEf-J4/qg8nHGyA2jU.html

Totally worth the money! I was in a panic everyday worrying they would be taken down when I got ready to workout. Plus you'll get instructions for what order to use the DVDs in and a diet to follow once you order. I did love trying it out first though.
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    you are going to get people who say it was worth every penny and you are going to get people who say it is a waste of money! Ultimately you have to decide if you think you can commit to it and follow through! I haven't done Insanity. Just not brave enough yet. I am doing a different beachbody workout and I can tell you the one I am doing was worth every penny. It is the only program I have ever stuck with and I have lost at least 15 lbs. and over 10 inches. I finish in a week and a half. I will know then what my final results are.
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It is great I have done 2 rounds of insanity. Don't expect to look like Shaun T when your done, but it is a very good workout. Chalean extreme is also good if your willing to lift heavy weights and you can stand listening to her for 9 weeks. Good luck and give it 100% and you wont regret it
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Love it! It kicked my butt for the first week of the first month, but by the end of the four weeks I was able to keep up. I just began the second month, and it is kicking my butt again, but I know as I get stronger I will be able to keep up. However, I do not do the jumping (I have a bad knee) but a deep squat takes its place and my rear is firming up quite nicely, bonus for having a bad knee. It's worth every penny. I have the P90X, which is my son's but I need to be physically stronger to get through that, but will definitely give it a short after my first round of Insanity. I figure to look anything like the fitness trainers who participate in the Insanity video, I will have to do no less than 8 rounds..... I have 60.5 lbs. to lose. :laugh:
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have only heard good things about Insanity. I'm doing it after I finish ChaLEAN Extreme, which I LOVE. I can't wait to tackle Insanity- although it is supposed to be really hard!
  • srogers01
    srogers01 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I will definitely try the free links first :smile:
  • shirin8
    shirin8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have only heard good things about Insanity. I'm doing it after I finish ChaLEAN Extreme, which I LOVE. I can't wait to tackle Insanity- although it is supposed to be really hard!

Sorry to thread jack, but just wondering what you thought of Chalean Extreme. What size weights did you use? I just ordered it yesterday and can't wait to start once I get done with Insanity next week. Thanks!
  • Lcnena209
    Lcnena209 Posts: 60
    Options
    Insanity is a good burn. I couldn't even sit down the first week lol. It's not easy but worth giving it a try.