How does this amount of calories look?

Options
I am 6' 4" tall, male, BF% around 24-25%, age 19. My current activity is weight lifting 5 days a week for about 1 hour per session and I also jog (pace of about 6mph) 3 miles 5 times a week so that 15 miles a week. I am trying to lose fat, I have 56 days left until I go back to college, I know, I'm starting kinda late in the summer for fat loss. The first part of the summer was just overeating and having fun but I still worked out so I didn't gain but I didn't lose either. I'm estimating my TDEE to be around 3000 calories, so I was thinking of eating 2400 on workout days and around 2000 on rest days. How does that sound for someone my size?

Replies

• HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You are a big fella height-wise, so that sounds real good. Stick to that and see how it goes for you!
  • Lalaine1
    Lalaine1 Posts: 11
    Options
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Use this to find your BMR. You should never net below that, and I'm assuming it's higher than you think it is. If you burn 500 calories working out, add that to your BMR and eat no less than that for the day. I know you want to lose weight at a good pace, but you need to properly fuel your body. Best of luck!